Thread: How to boil an egg with two mobile phones

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝

In the experiment, researchers placed one egg in a porcelain cup (because it is easy to conduct heat), and put one cell phone on one side and another cell phone on the other. The researchers then called from one cell phone to another and kept the cell phones on after connecting.

During the first 15 minutes, nothing changed. After 25 minutes, however, the egg shell started to become hot and at 40 minutes, the surface of the egg became hard and bristled. Researchers found the protein in the egg had become solid although the egg yolk was still in liquid form. After 65 minutes, the whole egg was well cooked.

The study shows how scary cell phone radiation is. People should try to avoid use of cell phones. Although so far no one has proved the radiation from cell phones can cause something clinically significant. By the same token, there has been no one who can disprove the existence of such a risk.

Children should be forbidden from cell phone use because they still grow their brains and are particularly vulnerable to radiation.

© 2004-2005 by foodconsumer.org unless otherwise specified

Source
    Last edited by 100%; 06-30-2006 at 01:50 PM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    jus don't eat eggs while your on the phone then you'll be fine, shirly?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I can cook an egg outside in less time than 65 minutes. Should we forbid children from playing in the sun too?

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    just avoid vibrating two phones next to your crotch

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor
    I can cook an egg outside in less time than 65 minutes. Should we forbid children from playing in the sun too?

yeah, but you don't hold the sun next to your head, do you...

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%

In the experiment, researchers placed one egg in a porcelain cup (because it is easy to conduct heat), and put one cell phone on one side and another cell phone on the other. The researchers then called from one cell phone to another and kept the cell phones on after connecting.

During the first 15 minutes, nothing changed. After 25 minutes, however, the egg shell started to become hot and at 40 minutes, the surface of the egg became hard and bristled. Researchers found the protein in the egg had become solid although the egg yolk was still in liquid form. After 65 minutes, the whole egg was well cooked.

The study shows how scary cell phone radiation is. People should try to avoid use of cell phones. Although so far no one has proved the radiation from cell phones can cause something clinically significant. By the same token, there has been no one who can disprove the existence of such a risk.

Children should be forbidden from cell phone use because they still grow their brains and are particularly vulnerable to radiation.

© 2004-2005 by foodconsumer.org unless otherwise specified

Source
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley

ditto.

yo

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    That's two phones though. I wonder if the same thing would happen if it was only one cell phone.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blunt
    That's two phones though. I wonder if the same thing would happen if it was only one cell phone.
    It wouldn't happen at all. It's pish.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blunt
    Probably not.

Being so close, both phones are competing for the same bandwidth. It is likely that they will both be operating at maximum power all the time, which is something which a single phone is unlikely to do.

It looks like they are having to provide charger power, which is another indication that the phones are using excessive power.

It does indicate that they are capable of producing this sort of effect, but not that they are likely to do so under normal circumstances.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.