Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Whats A Stable Nvidia Driver?

  1. #1
    If someone here use NVIDIA,then can you suggest which a stable one which doesnīt crash all the time.
    I have the latest driver now and it crashed too.

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    London
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,530
    are they definetly for your card or are they the all in one version they like putting out now.

    Have you tried updating the firmware on your video card sometimes this helps alot.

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i'm currently using the 43.45 driver version and have had no problems at all.
    well, vietcong crashed a few times, but i think this was vietcongs fault, not the drivers
    i have a geforce 3 ti200, for reference

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by amphoteric88@2 May 2003 - 20:38
    i'm currently using the 43.45 driver version and have had no problems at all.
    well, vietcong crashed a few times, but i think this was vietcongs fault, not the drivers
    i have a geforce 3 ti200, for reference
    I use that version too and itīs the newest one which crashed for me and it restarted my computer too and said that a serius problem had occured and windows restarted the computer too avoid damage the computer or something like that.

    I reinstalled my computer for 2 days ago and I suppose Im gonna do it again and install the driver again.

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by 4play@2 May 2003 - 20:30
    are they definetly for your card or are they the all in one version they like putting out now.

    Have you tried updating the firmware on your video card sometimes this helps alot.
    How did you install yours?
    Did you uninstall your old one first and then install the new one or did you just downloaded the driver and run it without uninstalling the old one?

    And where did you install the driver to,did you install it to "C:\NVIDIA\WinXP-2K\43.45"?

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    it's recommended you remove the old ones before you install new ones
    just remove them from add/remove programs and reinstall the 43.45 ones
    this should solve your problem

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by amphoteric88@2 May 2003 - 22:00
    it's recommended you remove the old ones before you install new ones
    just remove them from add/remove programs and reinstall the 43.45 ones
    this should solve your problem
    I did that before and then install the new one to "C:\NVIDIA\WinXP-2K\43.45" but before I installed it,it said that it has found a driver already and suggested me to uninstall it which I had already done.

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    look for a program called "detonator rip"
    this removes any trace of nvidia display drivers on your system
    if you use this, you shouldn't have any problems with two instances of drivers

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I used one called "Nasty File Remover" to delete any taces of the earlier driver version I had.

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    can you remember what directory you installed the previous verison to?
    if so, go there and look for any files
    delete the directory too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •