Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subtitle Integration

LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Dear Readers,

I was wondering... Is there a program out there that can.. Ehh what is the word... Combine a Movie/Show(.avi) with let's say subtitles(.srt/.ssa/.etc) together so it becomes 'hardsub' rather than 'softsub' where you need the files together(But seperate files) to have them played... Cause I get annoyed for some odd reason when I open my folder of Subtitles shows and see all these extra files(>srt/.ssa) so I was just curious if there happens to be a program that is easy to use that can combine the two files and make them into one.

THanks.
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    WinAvi 7.6

Mke sure that they are in the same folder.

Also make sure the movie and the SRT file
    are named the same.

It does it automatacally

Check it out
    "http://www.winavi.com/en/video-converter/video-converter.htm"
    (without the quote marks)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Hmm you mean this program can combine the two files(AVI + SRT) into just a AVI file witht he Subtitles integrated right into the avi?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LilAznAccommodator
    Hmm you mean this program can combine the two files(AVI + SRT) into just a AVI file witht he Subtitles integrated right into the avi?

AVI + SRT No Not to AVI file with the Subtitles integrated

But You can convert it to VCD/SVCD/DVD
    With subtitles integrated

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Awww... I wasn't really planning to burn them into those formats.. Well nevermind, cuase I want to burn the series onto a DVD without having the seperate .srt/.ssa files... Unless I can use that program to burn all the episodes with the subtitles and then they show up as one avi file.. Do you know what i mean? Lol sorry that I didn't make myself too specific in my needs. Thanks for the help though.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Your welcome

VirtualDubMod
    I think this might be what your looking for.
    -Oh and it's free

Where to get it and how to use it
    "http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=332"
    (without the quote marks)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Thank you very much.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    spenz's Avatar Friendly guy BT Rep: +5
    well mate there's an easy way. i use to bother with that one too but synch problems and other program compatibility is too much of work inorder to just view an hour or 2 movies and worst is i usually end up editing/comparing/adjusting etc.. etc. subtitles longer than watching the movie itself. So I end up downloading a Video program that is very good at detecting subtitles whether it's a.SRT or .sub, .idx. I used BSPLAYER PRO and be sure that the subtitles is in the same folder with the movie you are going to view itself, and viola instant movie viewing with multiple subtitles to choose from. no need hardcoding it, trust me too much work unless it's a masterpiece movie for you. maybe worth the effort; but to think if that is a masterpiece movie for me. I'd rather buy a DVD from a store and enjoy better quality. just my two cents ^_^
    Last edited by spenz; 07-03-2006 at 07:14 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Agree with Sudden, VirtualDubMod will do the job nicely.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    spenz's Avatar Friendly guy BT Rep: +5
    and if you ever got a synching problem, which you would encounter sooner or later, you could try, Subtitle workshop. it is very user friendly, light and also a freeware.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast