Thread: Whats The Right Amount Of Uploads

I just want to know what is the right number of uploads you should have kazaa set to...

i currently have mine set to 8...

plz tell whatis the right amount

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    dude there isn't any RIGHT or WRONG no. od uploads. As a general rule, keep it high if u have fast connection and low (or even disable it) on 56K

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    If you are cable/dsl then I would say 4 is good, if you are faster, maybe 8? There is alot of debate on these boards about this.
    Proud member of MDS

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks i'll just leave at 8 - i didn't want to debate about this topic i was just curious as to how many uploads is a good number

but thanks

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    i have 3 open but i only have a 128k upload limit sharing about 75GB though 24/7

fuck Derby County

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I think it also depends on how good your computer is, i don't know maybe I am wrong but Kazaa likes to use up a lot of my system resources.
    Doesn't crash my computer as much with the new version so who knows
    BTW I am on adsl and I have it on 3

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Bearded Kazaa@4 May 2003 - 17:28
    I just want to know what is the right number of uploads you should have kazaa set to...

i currently have mine set to 8...

plz tell whatis the right amount
    What is your max upload speed in kilobits (kilobytes)?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Max I've seen on mine is about 18Kb/s. I'm on cable and leave my uploads set at 5 (for no particular reason), but I usually have the full 5 slots being used. Incidentally, I'm still using version 2.0 and can't see any particular reason to upgrade - I like being able to see who is sharing what when they upload, and am a great believer in 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'. Does anyone have any particular ideas on pros or cons of doing so?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    You should get the newest version, your participation level is always 1000 and when you look at your uploads you don't have 1000s of cancelled.
    You can also close kazaa without having to cancel all downloads or even disconnecting from the Internet (I used to have to do this as if I didn't my comp would go blue and I would get an error. (even if I still did this I'd sometimes get an error and have to switch the computer off)

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by Tallyman@4 May 2003 - 22:59
    Max I've seen on mine is about 18Kb/s.  I'm on cable and leave my uploads set at 5 (for no particular reason), but I usually have the full 5 slots being used.  Incidentally, I'm still using version 2.0 and can't see any particular reason to upgrade - I like being able to see who is sharing what when they upload, and am a great believer in 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'.  Does anyone have any particular ideas on pros or cons of doing so?
    1.Definatelly upgrade to Kazaa Lite [K++] 2.1.0 build 3!
    2.Reduce opened upload slots to 3 or even 2 - for users to get better speeds: the higher is download speed, the faster spread files on the FastTrack network!
    3. In Kazaa Lite options - Advanced set upload speed to 128 kilobits per second - you probably have max. upload speed 128 kilobits.