Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to Contact Wild-Bytes

Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by beandog View Post
    Thanks for the info. I wasn't cheating, this has to be a screw up. I will try to get on to irc (never used it b4) and contact Stewie to find out what is going on. I'm at a loss to understand how they thought I was cheating. I don't even know how to do that. I enjoy the site and seed back what I take. My uploads are capped at 64K so that takes a while. But I still have managed to maintain a respectable ratio. Thanks again. Can anyone recommend a easy to use irc client? Bean
    just use mirc http://www.mirc.com/

Wild

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Hi again. I managed to get irc working. Sorry, but I am a noob to this. Could someone assist me with what might seem like a dumb question. Once I am in wild-bytes irc, how do I get to the #banned channel? I can get to the wild-bytes channel (there isn't anyone chatting there at this time of the morning (0630 Atlantic time). I really want to get this sorted out. Thanks

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Moonspell13's Avatar Saltwater... BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    These are the two commands you will use mostly on irc:
    /server bla.blabla.blo (replace with server adress)
    /join #banned (or whatever channel you want to join)..
    I hope that's what you asked..

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Thanks moonspell. I think I have it sorted out. It appears that there is nobody on the channel at this point. Or at least I hope that is why I'm not seeing any conversation. I just want to get this sorted out. Being accused of cheating sucks. LOL. I have no idea how this happened.

If you are still on, could you join me in irc://wild-bytes.org so that I know that I at least have it working?
    Last edited by beandog; 03-16-2007 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    If you see people in the room with you chances are your in the right place...
    Its probably just a matter your on a differant timezone and everyone is afk.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    RMutt's Avatar 1917 BT Rep: +3
    strange stuff at wildbytes - I couldnt log in for weeks, and now all of a sudden - I can again! sweet.. its one of the sites where i keep the best ratio...

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by an303042 View Post
    strange stuff at wildbytes - I couldnt log in for weeks, and now all of a sudden - I can again! sweet.. its one of the sites where i keep the best ratio...

You had a cookie problem. All you had to do from the get go was to delete your wild-bytes cookie and try again.

Wild

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    If someone could please check to see why my account was disabled, I would appreciate it.
    I just signed up, and had only had it for a few days when I went to sign-in and
    it suddenly said disabled without giving any reason.
    I was really looking forward to using this wonderful tracker heavily, and
    would deeply appreciate it if someone could check admin there for me.

my screenname there is torentcouple, same as here.
    Last edited by torentcouple; 04-05-2007 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    magicrabbit's Avatar Totally Salad BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post
    Join irc and chat with Stewie. He disabled your account as it looks like you were cheating.

2007-03-15 - 58 beandog 2007-03-11 02:13:44 3695 uTorrent/1610 1.95 MB/s 82.06 MB 41 sec 71.xxx.xxx.xxx

So you will need to talk to stewie incase this is a screw up.

irc://wild-bytes.org

join channel #banned
    main channel is #wild-bytes

Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    All you have to do is post wild-bytes account for trade in the Title of a new post and wild will be there in 2 seconds to help you out. LOL

SmartASS

Wild
    que heroic music

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by torentcouple View Post
    If someone could please check to see why my account was disabled, I would appreciate it.
    I just signed up, and had only had it for a few days when I went to sign-in and
    it suddenly said disabled without giving any reason.
    I was really looking forward to using this wonderful tracker heavily, and
    would deeply appreciate it if someone could check admin there for me.

my screenname there is torentcouple, same as here.
    Probably because 7 days without activity for a new user = disabled. Had the same thing happen to me...thought the inactive period was longer.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast