Thread: New mouse not sensitive enough HELP!

I just got this new mouse Wireless Intelimouse 2.0 and the sensitivity is so slow. I've turned up it's settings to max and it didn't even move. I updated its latest firmware and it still didn't do anything can anyone here help me? Maybe a program to make it more sensitive.
    Systems Specs
    -----------------------------------
    O/S: Windows Xp Service Pack 2
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4
    Speed: 2.6 ghz
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 6800 128MB DDR SDRAM
    Ram: 1Gig of ram
    Comp Model: Hp Pavilion a250n

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Mabye the battery is dying...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Oh come on dont you think I would of thought of that? Plus with my experience with wireless mice, low battery does not slow down the mouse it stutters or just turns off. So no its not that batters like I said the mouse is new...
    Systems Specs
    O/S: Windows Xp Service Pack 2
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4
    Speed: 2.6 ghz
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 6800 128MB DDR SDRAM
    Ram: 1Gig of ram
    Comp Model: Hp Pavilion a250n

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    maybe its a bad mouse...things happen...you know?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by imasoldier
    Oh come on dont you think I would of thought of that? Plus with my experience with wireless mice, low battery does not slow down the mouse it stutters or just turns off. So no its not that batters like I said the mouse is new...
    maybe we didn't read about all your expierence and knowledge with computers in your resume?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Do you have the receiver close to the monitor? That can sometimes cause interference.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    I've seen problems like that with rechargeable mice. If yours isn't rechargeable then ignore the rest of this.

Sometimes new NiMH batteries appear to be almost fully charged. Consequently charging them from new actually puts little charge in them, depending on the type of charger. This is similar to the memory effect found in NiCd batteries but only seems to affect new batteries. You get some really weird effects because the battery can't provide enough current but the voltage is high when no current is required.

The way round it is to charge the battery to what appears to be full, then remove the battery and leave it for about 10 minutes. Then replace the battery and recharge again. This time it will probably take several hours to reach full charge. I've seen this effect in two Logitech mice and a Motorola bluetooth headset.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.