View Poll Results: Who will win the Golden Ball?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fabio Cannavaro (Italy)

3 15.00%
  • Maniche (Portugal)

2 10.00%
  • Michael Ballack (Germany)

0 0%
  • Andrea Pirlo (Italy)

0 0%
  • Gianluca Zambrotta (Italy)

0 0%
  • Thierry Henry (France)

0 0%
  • Gianluigi Buffon (Italy)

1 5.00%
  • Patrick Vieira (France)

0 0%
  • Miroslav Klose (Germany)

0 0%
  • Zinedine Zidane (France)

10 50.00%
  • BawA (UAE)

4 20.00%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Win The Golden Ball?

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    While Zidane has been good in a few matches Cannavaro has been a rock for italy in every match for sure. If Italy win i can see him getting it for sure, however if France win, Zizu will get it for sure :MarcelDesailly:
    What if Terry Hendry scores 9 in the final.
    If Ronaldo didn't win young player of the tournament because of a couple of indiscretions, it'll be the same for her - nine goals or not.

She did go down rather easily for the penalty that saw them thro' to the final and for the free kick that saw Vieira score France's second against Spain.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Sports Club   -   #42
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    What if Terry Hendry scores 9 in the final.
    If Ronaldo didn't win young player of the tournament because of a couple of indiscretions, it'll be the same for her - nine goals or not.

She did go down rather easily for the penalty that saw them thro' to the final and for the free kick that saw Vieira score France's second against Spain.
    I'm just saying like, it's hardly the 2 horse race that you seem to think it is.
    There's still twa more games to be played.

I agree they are the favourites given their performances to date. However it's not that long ago that Argentina were unbeatable and everyone else was just fannying about till they picked up the trophy. According to some like.

3. Sports Club   -   #43
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I think it is a two horse race because of what's gone before - and if a different player gets the award, then the award givers are wrong because they disagree with me.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

4. Sports Club   -   #44
    I think it is a two horse race because of what's gone before - and if a different player gets the award, then the award givers are wrong because they disagree with me.
    Didn't someone point out that Zizu has had at least two average games. However his sublime performance agin Brazil and decent one agin Portugal made him right up there.

What if some chap plays a stunner, in the final. Didn't Zidane do just that 8 (read it 8) years ago.

5. Sports Club   -   #45
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Didn't someone point out that Zizu has had at least two average games. However his sublime performance agin Brazil and decent one agin Portugal made him right up there.

What if some chap plays a stunner, in the final. Didn't Zidane do just that 8 (read it 8) years ago.
    Yeah he did but Ronaldo was still player of the tournament in 1998 - because of what he'd done in previous games.

Which is really my point

6. Sports Club   -   #46

Yeah he did but Ronaldo was still player of the tournament in 1998 - because of what he'd done in previous games.

Which is really my point
    Yeah, but neither of your picks have been stunning (see my last), more best of a mediocre lot. So I think it's still open. Well opener than you seem to think.

Anyhoo, I think Zidabe will get it unless he plays merde. Due to sentimentalness and how it's probably his last game evar.

7. Sports Club   -   #47
    manker's Avatar effendi

Which is really my point
    Yeah, but neither of your picks have been stunning (see my last), more best of a mediocre lot. So I think it's still open. Well opener than you seem to think.

Anyhoo, I think Zidabe will get it unless he plays merde. Due to sentimentalness and how it's probably his last game evar.
    I hope you're eiother joking or have been hacked by some kind of United Arab Emirate.

The boy Cannavaro has caught my eye in every game. In previous tournaments he's been overshadowed by his defensive partner(s) but this time he's been the leading light in the Italian defence.

'cos of the attacking tactic thing.

He really has been magnificent. If you don't believe me, watch the games that he's played in.

8. Sports Club   -   #48
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent

I hope you're eiother joking or have been hacked by some kind of United Arab Emirate.

The boy Cannavaro has caught my eye in every game. In previous tournaments he's been overshadowed by his defensive partner(s) but this time he's been the leading light in the Italian defence.

He really has been magnificent. If you don't believe me, watch the games that he's played in.
    Why would I want to watch the games, d'uh.

So you now think it's a 1 horse race, Cannavaro a stick on is it.

9. Sports Club   -   #49
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

If it was up to me, aye.

However, there are likely to be several fluffy romanticists on the panel of judges, this leads me to believe that Zidane will come into the reckoning for this award.

10. Sports Club   -   #50
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

If it was up to me, aye.

However, there are likely to be several fluffy romanticists on the panel of judges, this leads me to believe that Zidane will come into the reckoning for this award.
    You're right, the thread should have been "should".

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast