Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 81% Approval Rating. God Help Us!

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by j2k4@4 May 2003 - 13:40

So, to be as polite as I can be, those who cry budget crises are jerking us off so they can keep what they have come to regard as their "folding money", which is, in reality, your tax 'contribution' (LOVE that word).

I'll do my best to explain that to my parents who are losing their senior citizen homeowners tax rebate.
    And who's prescription costs have nearly doubled in the past three years.
    Who's HMO pulled out of the state 2 months ago.

It's likely that their definition of "folding money" differs slightly from yours.

On second thought, maybe that's a discussion I will leave for later.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker+4 May 2003 - 17:47--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 4 May 2003 - 17:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@4 May 2003 - 13:40

So, to be as polite as I can be, those who cry budget crises are jerking us off so they can keep what they have come to regard as their "folding money", which is, in reality, your tax &#39;contribution&#39; (LOVE that word).

I&#39;ll do my best to explain that to my parents who are losing their senior citizen homeowners tax rebate.
    And who&#39;s prescription costs have nearly doubled in the past three years.
    Who&#39;s HMO pulled out of the state 2 months ago.

It&#39;s likely that their definition of "folding money" differs slightly from yours.

On second thought, maybe that&#39;s a discussion I will leave for later. [/b][/quote]
    Clocker-

I apologize for the confusion; those who are loathe to give up the &#39;folding money&#39; I hereby identify as the politicians, and the bureaucrats who administer the programs which are presumed to be affected.

They are more concerned with justifying their existence by continuing to broaden their constituent base via cash injection in good times, and threatening that same constituency with oblivion when it becomes apparent that their own budgetary strategy is suspect.

As with everything today, it&#39;s always someone else&#39;s fault; in this case, it&#39;s Dubya&#39;s.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345