Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Viruses

Has anyone experienced viruses being loaded on their computers using KLR? Some friends were discussing that KLR may be putting a virus on their PC causing it to run slowly.
    I have noticed that a P2P worm comes up when Defender scans my PC, but I ignore it because I want the program to continue to work.
    I have firewall and anti-virus software and they never say that a virus is on my PC.
    Should I be worried?
    Any and all comments, advice and suggestions are welcome.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    A P2P worm what will they think of next..

Well, it might be sensible to clean your computer sometime, so that you don't spread the worm to other users or friends...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    As I stated before, my av and firewall never shows that a virus is on my PC. It's only MS Defender that shows it and I do a spyware scan and av scan everyday.
    What more can I do?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    stop using KLR, whatever that is because there are plenty of non-spyware options.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    fester32's Avatar Big daft buggar
    KLR is Kazaa Lite Ressurection.
    It all depends on which firewall/anti-virus you are using regarding if it will pick it up. Most anti-virus programs are just that - virus protection whereas you seem to have a piece of spyware. Windows defender is an anti-spyware program which is why it is detecting it.
    KLR should not contain any spyware or viruses.
    It is the files you are downloading through KLR that are giving you viruses and worms. It has been estimated that upto 60% of files on the kazaa network now contain some variety of adware/spyware, keylogger, worm, trojan or virus.
    I would certainly scan every file with your a/v before opening it.
    .exe files are pretty much guarenteed to contain something nasty.
    I would recommend you stop using KLR, switch to bittorrent and join a good private site where you know you can trust what you download.
    if you still want to persevere with KLR then get yourself a good rack of antivirus, antispyware programs and a good firewall. You will definitely need them
    Last edited by fester32; 07-10-2006 at 10:35 PM.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    NiKRuLeZ's Avatar µTorrent BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Always scan the files before u execute them, that way u no ur not gettin a virus on ur PC

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Actually, it was the ZoneAlarm spyware that caught it and I deleted it and ran the spyware again.
    I don't download .exe files or movies for the simple reason that those programs are designed to be purchased as a whole.
    There were never any CD remix singles of a movie or an .exe file.
    It seems to be fine and I appreciate all of the comments, advice and suggestions.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    ScT Needer:D
    kazaa sucks

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    as said up

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    f@flot's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    kazza really not good

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast