Thread: Delete "non existing" folder

Question Mark

I have a problem with the "folder" d:\recycle. Even though windows says it doesnt exist and it doesnt show up when searching for hidden folders and files it still seems as it is ocypying 400+ mb space. Because pccillin scans for it, in nero file browsing its there, ad aware can se it.
    I've tried finding it with CMD, windows explorer so i could erase it but no luck. I've even tried erasing empty space on drive d but its still there.
    I dont have system restore enablet for drive d:.
    Can anyone suggest a way or program that can find and delete folders that windows cant find.
    Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Hmm...try this:

Right click on the Recycle Bin icon> properties.

Check the option "Do not send deleted files to the recycle bin" (or something like that).

Might work.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'd try a program like System Mechanic or Tune Up utilities 2006 , they'll find zero byte files, log files and the like . 400mb is big for those tho so thats wierd but just a thought .

Both those programs have a 30 day trial by the way .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tanks iŽll give it a try

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Well it seemed that ashampoo winoptimizer platinum suite could find and delete the folder.
    Have a nice day

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by werdims
    Well it seemed that ashampoo winoptimizer platinum suite could find and delete the folder.
    Have a nice day

Good one glad its fixed , hav'nt tryed ashmpoo myself tho . Mabye try Clockers advice aswell see if it happens again .

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    clockers adwise is good but it did'nt work withm me unfotunatelly. But it's great with different advises because soon or later one of them will work.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by werdims
    clockers adwise is good but it did'nt work withm me unfotunatelly. But it's great with different advises because soon or later one of them will work.

Ya its funny about Windows , three ways from Sunday on how to fix a computer .
    Still booogles the mind eh ?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I've never actually tried to delete the recycle folder after it's been created.
    Immediately following a fresh install I always set XP (and now Vista) to delete files directly rather than send them to the Recycle Bin so I never have the folders to begin with.
    A while ago it struck me that I'd never retrieved a file after deletion so why store them in the first place?
    Besides, Windows allocates an absurd amount of space to the Recycle Bin (as well as temp Internet files in IE) by default and I just don't have the room anymore since I installed the i-RAM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Try using TuneUp Utilities. Right Click on the folder and hit TuneUp Shredder