Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crappy Monday

NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    My day has been complete shit so far. I just wanna fast forward to Tuesday already.

I woke up late this morning, as the power apparently went out at some point last night and my alarm didn't go off, thus I was late for work. I get to work, and wait for our morning meeting with our team leader - who doesn't call and wastes half an hour of our time while we wait for him. Then I get passed a call from a co-worker who has messed the computer up worse than it already was, and what should have been a five minute fix becomes a 3 hour fix. Then I get crap about software installs that I've had on hold for too long, so I call the user again to try to get them done and he says the same thing he always says - that the machines are integral to the plant and cannot be rebooted unless the plant is on shutdown and that he will call me when it is safe to do this. This has now been ongoing since the beginning of May. Apparently though, I'm supposed to tell this user that it's mandatory and that they don't have a choice in the matter. So for a measly virus scanner update (on a machine that doesn't access the internet, email, or even MS Office), they're supposed to shut down the mill for an hour, losing millions of dollars in the process - simply because an SLA is overdue. Then another 4 of my calls get put on hold cause the user is either unavailable or not ready for them to happen yet. I'm also supposed to complete some online training courses that I can't do as I don't have rights to register myself for them, (even though I'm getting hounded on a daily basis for not doing them). So I'm sitting here with lots of stuff to do that I can't do and I'm bored.

How's everyone else's Monday going?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    In relation to yours mine seems ok, seems you are put in limbo.

8am at the doctors getting a vacination for travel the needle broke cause he hit my bone, on the way back a junkie randomly just told me had taken an over dose of JHP - wtf is that? I then go student dentists to do a check up, i notice the guy is stoned and nervous, he injects antiwhatever its called in the wrong area, has to do it again, drills in the wrong tooth. I got a call from my buddy who is staying in the studio and said the entire studio had been robbed, "but you where there?" - "yes, but i was passed out i left the door open" "is the projector still there?" "no.." ofcourse they left my works, ungratefull bastards.
    On my way to studio angry as hell (my buddy is capable of sleeping standing up) As i was getting on the tram, i had my passport in my shirt pocket, i get in, door closes the guy infront of me says the guy that passed you on the way out, took something out of your pocket, i look down, its gone, i watch him as the tram moves, he goes into a small cafe, i get out next station, run back and walk into one of those standby cafes for immigrant workers who wait for the one phone on the wall to ring offering a job, he is sitting there on a table surrounded by dudes, i speak french immediatly, he hands over the passport i walk out.
    Go to police for no reason cause i aint getting my shit back anyway.

Feel better NikkiD?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    Feel better NikkiD?
    Yup. Still bored though.

On a good note, my signature seems to be reappearing.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    That real Zed? What kind of studio stuff?

Anyway my day has been going ok...I called up Mr. Electric to ask if they're hiring apprentices and they ARE () apparantly, so I got a fax address to send in my resume.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Different stories put together, my day is good, wife and kid are gone for a week so i finally get back to work (will someone turn off my modem)
    but NikkiD
    atleast you get paid to be annoyed

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I must have fell asleep reading, as my face is now covered in Terry Prachett.
    Plus, my effing dog ate my fags.

Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilmiss
    my effing dog ate my fags.

I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilmiss
    I must have fell asleep reading, as my face is now covered in Terry Prachett.
    Plus, my effing dog ate my fags.

Would it help if I said she only did it cos she cares?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    She does it cause she's a charv cunt, hactually. She ate my lighter too

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Tweedy old crow
    Boyfriend's been shouting at Scottish Power over the phone since friday. Which makes him extremely pissed off, and thus, annoys me.
    Bastards sent me a bill of £370 for a flat I lived in for 6 months and had a PREPAY meter.
    Phoned them up on thursday to explain situation and they said they'd phone me on friday to sort this out.
    No phone call whatsoever on friday.
    Get another bill through the door this morning to say they apologize for their mistake and now are 'only' charging me £170!
    Phoned again to explain we cannot possibly owe them money as we had a PREPAY meter but the person on the other end didn't seem to grasp this.
    Eventually got through to someone who had something remotely resembling a brain.
    Turns out we have to contact old houselord to get proof of address for the tenancy and then they can zero the balance and offer us compensation.

Then got letter from a company saying they've not received my payment by check last month. Contact the bank to check this. Check has definitely been cleared last month. Phone company again to tell them they made a mistake. They say they need to see my bank statement to make sure. Which will cost me £5!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast