Thread: OpenDNS, Makes the Internet safer & faster!

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    OpenDNS makes the Internet experience safer, faster and smarter for you and everyone using your network.

OpenDNS is safer

OpenDNS can identify and stop sites trying to phish (steal) your personal information or money. The OpenDNS phishing protection works with all operating systems and browsers, and complements any other security measures already in use, such as a firewall and anti-virus software.

Benefits of OpenDNS service
    Safer
    Faster
    Smarter
    No software to install
    Free

http://www.opendns.com/

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    How does OpenDNS make money?
    OpenDNS makes money by offering clearly labeled advertisements alongside search results on error pages.

I think that using third party DNS on another continent would be slower for me than using my ISP's caching nameserver.
    Last edited by zaphodiv; 07-13-2006 at 02:18 PM.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    How interesting.. Not too sure if I should use it though.. Shall wait for more responces.
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Arti_2005's Avatar Albo4Life
    I just did it. Pages seem to load faster. Lets hope i dont get infected

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Hehe took me a while to get everything working just right but at the moment I am not noticing anything (Due to Downloading) but I shall get back to you all laters.
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68: