Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I think the conditions in the world right now are favourable to a major war...

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    Who said Israel's tactics were right?

I'm saying simply allowing rockets to reain down on Israel ad nauseam doesn't cut it and a simple decree from Lebanon saying "we don't like it" doesn't cut it either.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showp...6&postcount=18

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showp...7&postcount=35

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showp...5&postcount=37
    I'm simply pointing out that your justification of the large scale bombing of Lebanon is unreasonable.
    ...at the same time they can't just sit back and do diddly....

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Busyman, lets put it this way...

The fans of most Soccer Teams in the UK premiership have a better chance at getting rid of Hezbollah than the Lebonese Government.

Hell... some of New Yorks street gangs are larger and better equiped than this Army.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 07-24-2006 at 05:25 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I was at my friends cottage all weekend. His girlfriend called my phone at 2AM to inform us that a party behind her house had resulted in 12 gunshots being fired. This is quite scarry considering the school I go to is right across the street, and I walk down one street over from where it happened to go get lunch every day.

And yes..my friends girlfriend is a whiny bitch, who calls us at 2AM to inform us about something that does not affect us..when we are about 2 hours away from her house.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Let's see, there were 8 Canadians killed by Israel.

So how come I haven't heard the same people who are saying Israel's tactics are right calling on Canada to launch an attack on Israel and kill about 80 Israelis?

After all, that can't be an escalation, it's just following the same principles. Or do principles only work one way?
    Oh and to quote you again....

Make it that Israel attacked Canada and then I'd somewhat see your point.

Let's try to do an apples-to-apples comparison.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith
    I was at my friends cottage all weekend. His girlfriend called my phone at 2AM to inform us that a party behind her house had resulted in 12 gunshots being fired. This is quite scarry considering the school I go to is right across the street, and I walk down one street over from where it happened to go get lunch every day.

And yes..my friends girlfriend is a whiny bitch, who calls us at 2AM to inform us about something that does not affect us..when we are about 2 hours away from her house.
    The fook?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Let's see, there were 8 Canadians killed by Israel.

So how come I haven't heard the same people who are saying Israel's tactics are right calling on Canada to launch an attack on Israel and kill about 80 Israelis?

After all, that can't be an escalation, it's just following the same principles. Or do principles only work one way?

Apples for Apples you said...

Lebanon didn't attack Israel either.

Israeli's were killed due to an attack based in Lebonese Territory... they attack Lebonon.

Canadians have been killed due to an attack based in Israeli Territory.... the difference?

In both cases, the Government and majority of the people in the base country were not trying to kill those that were killed.

At least the Canadians can hit the whole of Israel and say they are hitting the people that support the aggressor.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 07-24-2006 at 05:24 PM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

Apples for Apples you said...

Lebanon didn't attack Israel either.
    Where'd the rockets come from?
    Last edited by Busyman; 07-24-2006 at 05:25 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Where did the Jets that killed the Canadians come from?

ALTERNATIVE ANSWER:

Syria.. where did the missiles that killed the Canadians come from?

Maybe thats the answer.. Israel attack Syria and Canada attack the USA..
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 07-24-2006 at 05:30 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Where did the Jets that killed the Canadians come from?

ALTERNATIVE ANSWER:

Syria.. where did the missiles that killed the Canadians come from?

Maybe thats the answer.. Israel attack Syria and Canada attack the USA..
    So where did the rockets come from again?

"Answer the question, Clarice."

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Then of course, there is the wider ramifications of this policy, that the USA will be directly involved in....

WASHINGTON, DC, United States (UPI) -- That which Americans should fear has come upon them: U.S. troops in Iraq killed 15 Shiite militiamen Saturday.

According to first reports, the fighting occurred in the town of Musayyib, 40 miles south of Baghdad. The exchange was an intense one. It lasted three hours and dozens more people were injured.

The clash was not a random one. It was part of a systematic drive U.S. forces had been ordered to carry out against the Mahdi Army of anti-American firebrand Moqtada al-Sadr.

This clash was the most serious since the brief and potentially very dangeorus rising by Sadr`s militia against U.S. forces in April 2004. It came after popular Shiite opinion across Iraq has been inflamed against the United States by the continuing failure of U.S. forces to protect Shiite communities in the country from the continuing onslaught of Sunni insurgents. Also, it comes as Israel`s attacks on the Shiite militias of southern Lebanon are escalating towards a full-scale land invasion of Hezbollah-controlled territory.

The danger is therefore more imminent than ever that the U.S. drive against Sadr`s forces could trigger a more widespread rising of Shiite militias in Baghdad and across southern Iraq against U.S. forces. The already chaotic situation in Iraq would then become indescribable.

We make this prediction in these columns the same way we confidently -- and grimly -- predicted on May 1, 2003, that the Sunni population of Iraq would be enraged by the killing of 15 of their number in clashes with U.S. troops in the city of Fallujah, and that this would lead to a years-long widespread Sunni insurgency against U.S. forces in their country.

On that day -- the same day President George W. Bush confidently but erroneously declared 'Mission Accomplished ' in Iraq from the deck of the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln -- UPI Analysis predicted: 'The killing of 15 anti-American demonstrators by U.S. troops in the Iraqi city of Fallujah this week, followed by the reported killing of at least two more Wednesday, is a dire omen for those who imagined Iraq could be quietly but firmly guided on the paths of stable, pro-American democracy in the next few months, or even years.

'It is, rather, the kind of event that Thomas Jefferson called `a fire-bell in the night` -- the harbinger of infinitely worse conflict and travails to come.'

We noted then in UPI Analysis, 'In its scale and likely repercussions, the Fallujah Massacre -- as it will soon clearly be known -- appears remarkably similar to the killing of 13 Northern Irish Catholics by the British army during fierce demonstrations in the city of Londonderry -- a provincial center comparable to Fallujah -- on what became known as `Bloody Sunday` on Jan. 30, 1972.

'That event, more than anything else, proved a windfall for the rapidly mobilizing paramilitary Provisional Irish Republican Army, at the time known popularly as the 'Provos.' And over the next few years, it launched a campaign of urban terror and bomb massacres that in its calculated efforts to kill and maim civilians was without parallel in Europe during the 46 years from the end of World War II to the beginning of the wars in the former Yugoslavia in 1991.

'It will be surprising if we do not see the same thing in Iraq in the coming months, and possibly even in the next few weeks.

'In fact, what happened in Fallujah and what is now likely to happen throughout Iraq is no more or less than a reversion to the traditional patterns of the 40 years of history that the Iraqi people previously spent under the control -- first direct then indirect -- of a major Western power determined to `educate` them into Western practices of democracy.'

Sure enough, Fallujah became one of the most ferocious centers of the Sunni insurgency in Iraq. It was repeatedly fought over by U.S. forces and militias in bitter, house-to-house battles reminiscent of Stalingrad, Budapest and Berlin in World War II.

And in the three years and nearly three months since Bush pronounced his famous 'Mission Accomplished' comment, more than 2,200 American soldiers have been killed serving in Iraq, more than seven times the number who had died when that statement was made.

Now, however, the destructive potential of a widespread Shiite uprising in Iraq is vastly worse than the Sunni threat was three-and-a-quarter years ago.

The Shiite population of Iraq is more than three times that of the Sunni community. It is greater by 10 million people. The Shiites control all of southern Iraq, including the U.S. Army`s crucial land supply route from Kuwait to Baghdad.

The Sunni militias in May 2003 needed a period of organization and recruiting before they could present a serious widespread threat to U.S. forces. As we have monitored in our companion 'UPI Iraq Benchmarks' column, this escalation gradually occurred over the following two-and-a-half years.

But the Shiite militias across Iraq are already organized and networked together. They have far more support, certainly financial and probably in terms of arms supply, than the Sunni insurgents ever did and there are potentially far more of them. Also, they enjoy potential support and, at the very least, protection and toleration, from the Shiite-controlled new Iraqi army and police force that U.S. policymakers have built up at a frantic speed to fight the Sunni insurgents. But the price of that rapid build-up was the failure to establish any effective American controls over the new forces that could easily turn against their American creators.

Bush administration and Pentagon policymakers never dreamed the Sunni insurgency would get as bad as it did. A widespread Shiite militia rising against U.S. forces will be infinitely more dangerous. But no one in Washington appears to realize that either.
    Source

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast