Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hows the summer break going...

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    for the people who have it?

Its only been a few weeks, but its been pretty decient. Working construction a few days a week, hooked up with someone new..lotta sleep lol.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    natedogg's Avatar R.I.P. Nate Dogg :(
    no summer break for me, I have summer school, only have one month after summer school

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i have about 3 months to do nothing, and so far i have just gone out a few times, slept in, stayed up, been online and learnt some italian
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    booked two weeks off starting on the 18th

5. Lounge   -   #5
    dayum I gotta wait till October for my vacation

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I've had 2 vacations including 4 islands, a cruise ride, a semi-local beach, 2 cookouts, 1 theme park, 1 waterpark, and a stay at a nice resort with a nice pool.

I can't complain.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    I've had 2 vacations including 4 islands, a cruise ride, a semi-local beach, 2 cookouts, 1 theme park, 1 waterpark, and a stay at a nice resort with a nice pool.

I can't complain.
    Go on.
    Rub it in
    You can do better than that I'm sure

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Summer? Great some days, boring others...fun, all the same though.
    College? Not to bad really.
    Job? So-So. 'comes payday...it' sall worth.it (unless your minimum-wage )

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™

I can't complain.
    Go on.
    Rub it in
    You can do better than that I'm sure
    Mmk.

Williamsburg Virginia vacation

2 hr. 45 min. ride to get there

Day 1 Saturday - arrive at resort, check-in, then drive 20 min down to Newport News for a cookout. I also find out one of my best friends brought his family down to a sister resort in the area. He has kids near my 5 yeat-old's age.

Day 2 Sunday- go alone to listen to a schmuck for about an hour try to sell me a timeshare. I got to see some nice suites. They gave me free dinner certificates for my trouble. Snatch up everyone (it was still early), drive down to the James River, and put my car on the Jamestown Ferry and rode acrosse to Surrey for breakfast.

We come back, visit some of the outlet malls then I visit my friend and the kids play. We hit the swimming pool. (I was trying to teach her how to swim). Cooked dinner in.

Day 3 Monday- drive about an hour to Virginia Beach. We hit the beach, then go to a cookout there at a friend's house 10 minutes away, then back to the beach.

Day 4 Tuesday Independence Day - Cooked breakfast that morning and then hit the swimming pool again, then went to the outlets again, then it's off to Busch Gardens (10 min away), we hit the rides, and saw the July 4th fireworks. We got a very good view right by FestHaus in Germany.

Day 5 Wednesday- Water Country USA (10 min away) had loads of fun and it was hot as a motherfucker. My 5 year-old got on some scary slides. She scared the shit outta me when we got on 2 person slide and she's in front. We hit a bump and I see her lift off the tube and one of her hands fly up away from the grips right then we hit a dark tunnel and I couldn't feel her in front of me. We come out the tunnel and she's right there. PhEW!

Day 6 Thursday- Busch Gardens again (got a 7-day pass at $80 apiece (includes Water Country), 1 day admission is loike $53)

Day 7 Friday - Cooked breakfast that morning then off to Water Country again. We later ate dinner at the Seafarer (used the dinner certificates) and the bill was about $100. It was the best broiled platter (had lobster too) that I ever had.

Day 8 Saturday- head back home. Still had a day and-a-half before work again.

Besides the 2 times we cooked breakfast in (and 1 time, dinner) we ate at a different restaurant everyday. I'm in club that gives me 10-20% rebate on my credit card. It takes it off my total bill including tax and tip. Also I had coupons for a ton of restaurants that took 10% off. 10% on the front end (tax and tip not incl.) then 10-20% off everything else.

I had a banana shake just about everyday (sometimes twice a day) from the Dairy Queen. All the restaurants, a 7-Eleven (we had our huge Slurpee cups, 89 cent refills) and outlet shopping was 2-10 minutes away.

I'd recommend anyone to Williamsburg, Virginia for a vacation. I had a boatload of fun. I barely went to Colonial Williamsburg (it didn't look very fun).
    I imagine it'd be for a cultural experience but I couldn't give a shit*
    about culture that week...just fun, fun, fun!

* Whether this is the correct version or whether I should or shouldn't give 2 or even 3 shits, I could or couldn't give a shit. If one struggles with this wording then simply get some pussy to get your mind off grammar. However, if you think that there is something, possibly, in the world that you do give 9 shits about, feel free to use whatever the fuck comes to mind since, if you could or couldn't give a shit, it doesn't fucking matter....now does it? ANSWER ME MOTHERFUCKER!!!. Thanks, and fuck yo mama.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 07-13-2006 at 10:53 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmight
    Summer? Great some days, boring others...fun, all the same though.
    College? Not to bad really.
    Job? So-So. 'comes payday...it' sall worth.it (unless your minimum-wage )
    Summer is great. Winter sucks ass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast