Thread: Playing HL2: Episode 1 on two computers

Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    OK, so I have my own Steam account and a boxed edition of HL2: Ep 1 tied to it.

My bro has his own separate Steam account , with his own bought copies of CS:S, HL2 etc. but he doesn't have Episode 1.

Is there any way that my brother can play Episode 1 on his computer? Could he just sign into my Steam account and install Ep 1 from the DVD?

I'm really not sure how this would work.

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillian
    OK, so I have my own Steam account and a boxed edition of HL2: Ep 1 tied to it.

My bro has his own separate Steam account , with his own bought copies of CS:S, HL2 etc. but he doesn't have Episode 1.

Is there any way that my brother can play Episode 1 on his computer? Could he just sign into my Steam account and install Ep 1 from the DVD?

I'm really not sure how this would work.
    If he signs into your account on his PC then yes he can use anything you have installed on yours... Just give him the DVD to install but make sure he is logged into your account.

By the way only 1 of you can be in the account at any 1 time so you cant both play at the same time.

If he really wants it and you want to play aswell then he can get it off BT or Newsgroups...

There are a couple of rls that you can get...

PROViSiON
    Kapitalsin (I have this 1 do not need steam or HL2 installed)

3. Games   -   #3
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    For the provison release, all you do is extract the rar file to folder, no need to install steam

4. Games   -   #4
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    OK, thanks. I told him to DL it but he can't be arsed 'cos he's not sure if he'll like it. If he can use my DVD he'll probably give it a go.

Cheers guys.

5. Games   -   #5
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Omgomg just beat the game. WAY too short, and the ending...the ending is...naw, you can find yourself.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]