Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emule Driving Me Mad!

imported_The__One
    Hello ppl,

Here is the problem: I've been trying to download a game on emule (2d CD) for 5 days now, I've downloaded 99.5% of it, but these last 3.5MB are fucked up! I mean, I download the whole thing, but then I get an error msg:
    5/2/2003 6:30:20 AM: Downloaded part 66 is corrupted   (TOCA_Race_Driver_PROPER_CD2-iMMERSiON.bin)
    And the download jumps back to 3.5MB!! This has happend SEVERAL times, and I've tryed everything: changing servers, re-starting emule, updating emule (version 1e)....

I know e-mule has an error detection feature, but shuldan't it have found a non-corrupt part by now?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    sorry i cant help you with the emule thing as ive never used it and dont understand it but i notice its toca race driver and ive got this from kazaa and it works sweet,even works online heres the hashes if you cant get the emule one sorted and want to get it from kazaa

File:Toca Race Driver Disk 1.bin
    Length:765194976 Bytes,747261KB
    UUHash:=NfIzyfNUOaTkWUohF6lHnIX0Gh0=

File:Toca Race Driver Disk 2.bin
    Length:648185328 Bytes,632994KB
    UUHash:=Vc5UKP+skARABE9LX2GNlhNn2aM=

fuck Derby County

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    imported_The__One
    Thanx, I'm currently downloading it from Kazaa as well....I only used emule 'cause I got more corrupt files on kazaa (for games) then good files...but I might as well give it a shot

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    The download part is corrupted is a common error, but I've never had the download drop to the beginning again...

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    i think he just meant that that chunk hopps back to having 3.5 MB left. weird though. it's rare to get a chunk corrupted over and over again. perhaps you'd better ask this question over at the emule board.

(updating emule to version 1e? that's the emuleplus mod... not official emule, which is at 0.28a at time of writing! not that that should matter.)

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    imported_The__One
    The download part is corrupted is a common error, but I've never had the download drop to the beginning again...
    The download dosen't drop back to the beginning again, to goes back to 3.5MB remaining, so it just keeps re-downloading the last 3.5 MB over and over again ( i think I've already downloaded those last 3.5 MB around 50 times )...I'm gonna try the emule board.

And dosen't the Emule plus 1e version also update emule to the latest build?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I had the same problem with devastation from emule...i redownloaded the last 15 MB so many times it reached 1 GB of extra downloaded data...i just canceled it instead...

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    imported_The__One
    Yay! I fixed the problem, it seems the issue is caused by a corrupt known.met file, In my case, updating emule to version 0.28a fixed the problem, however, anyone who experiences problems with emule, should try Donkey Doctor, a utilitie that checks, and fixes corrupt .met (emule\edonkey temp files) files.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by The__One@2 May 2003 - 19:15
    Yay! I fixed the problem, it seems the issue is caused by a corrupt known.met file, In my case, updating emule to version 0.28a fixed the problem, however, anyone who experiences problems with emule, should try Donkey Doctor, a utilitie that checks, and fixes corrupt .met (emule\edonkey temp files) files.
    Where can you get the Donkey Doctor?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    i know there are links to helpful programs like donkey doctor at the emule website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast