Thread: Salted Files

I've downloaded 6 salted files today. The type where I get the first 10-20 secs of a song then blank. I message the people I downloaded from that it's a bad file, then delete it. Is there anything else I should be doing. Like yelling and screaming? It's very annoying on 56k

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    You should also be mellow and remain calm about the universe and it's many wonders.

It's all just part of life's rich tapestry.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    If u join us at soulseek u wont get shit like that u will get what u want!!!

I got fed up with that problem on kazzaa particuly with new albums and its getting worse everyday

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by adthomp@3 May 2003 - 14:59
    If u join us at soulseek u wont get shit like that u will get what u want!!!

I got fed up with that problem on kazzaa particuly with new albums and its getting worse everyday
    were do i find soulseek please I`m begging you tell me.

I have recently had problems conecting to found sources. I have spoken to my ISP and done verious tests with them, and they have convinced me that the problem is not with them. I thought it was due to my 1 gig per day limmit. But i have been informed by them i could dl 10 gigs a day and all i would get is a nasty letter asking me to slow down a bit.

To the point raised in this thread I think with 4,600,000 + users currently on Kazaa its haveing problems with makeing solid conections P2P and bits of files may possibly go missing. I may be wrong I`m guessing. If you add to this the many recent inquiries about blocking leeches, well who knows ?

I know this is no help but I hope you problems are quickly answerd.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by TaGirl_Keri@3 May 2003 - 08:30
    the type where I get the first 10-20 secs of a song then blank.
    Those are called "drops." The studios are doing this as some sort of antipiracy method. You have to live with it, until the retail comes out.
    Proud member of MDS

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    it used to bug me to no end dl files and get dorps' i couldn't figure why people would share bad files now i know the studios are just trying to agrevate us

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Unafraid Cheese+3 May 2003 - 18:56--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Unafraid Cheese @ 3 May 2003 - 18:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--adthomp@3 May 2003 - 14:59
    If u join us at soulseek u wont get shit like that u will get what u want&#33;&#33;&#33;

were do i find soulseek please I`m begging you tell me.

I have recently had problems conecting to found sources. I have spoken to my ISP and done verious tests with them, and they have convinced me that the problem is not with them. I thought it was due to my 1 gig per day limmit. But i have been informed by them i could dl 10 gigs a day and all i would get is a nasty letter asking me to slow down a bit.

To the point raised in this thread I think with 4,600,000 + users currently on Kazaa its haveing problems with makeing solid conections P2P and bits of files may possibly go missing. I may be wrong I`m guessing. If you add to this the many recent inquiries about blocking leeches, well who knows ?

I know this is no help but I hope you problems are quickly answerd. [/b][/quote]
    go to music world/verified/music database
    <insert signature here>

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    DL Software-
    Avoid Fakes-
    Aquire viruses instead&#33;

no fakes on soulseek&#33;