Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: ATI Tool

  1. #1
    Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Age
    30
    Posts
    433

    Question Mark

    What setting should i set the ATI Tool to? Here's my specs:

    AMD Athlon 64 3800+
    Radeon 9600xt
    1gb RAM
    2400 Ghz
    200gb Maxtor SATA Hardrive
    Creative SBLive! 5.1

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,644
    um....use the find max core and max mem clock function by rising your speeds for about 10 mhz at a time, then scan for artifacts for an hour+. Then lower or rise the suggested max clock speeds just a bit depending on the temperatures you get.
    Last edited by Seedler; 07-15-2006 at 12:29 PM.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Got a quetion that deals with ATI Tool

    What does it mean when ati tool will not recognize an ATI card?? I have attached an image of what it looks like when I open it. I have messed with all of the settings and I can not get it to work.



    I have the HIS X1600 Pro 512 mb card and ATI tool is useless with this card. I am using the NGO 1.6.6 drivers if that matters. I have also had no luck with the ATI drivers or the Omega drivers.

    Even with my old Nvidia I could use it to overclock.

    Also does anyone know if this card has a temp sensor?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vipergts662; 07-19-2006 at 09:59 PM.

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Delta B.C. Canada
    Posts
    10,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvenmunky
    What setting should i set the ATI Tool to? Here's my specs:

    AMD Athlon 64 3800+
    Radeon 9600xt
    1gb RAM
    2400 Ghz
    200gb Maxtor SATA Hardrive
    Creative SBLive! 5.1
    I was never patient enough to find my max settings .

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Age
    30
    Posts
    433
    hehe me too, thats why im asking for some settings

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipergts662
    Got a quetion that deals with ATI Tool

    What does it mean when ati tool will not recognize an ATI card?? I have attached an image of what it looks like when I open it. I have messed with all of the settings and I can not get it to work.



    I have the HIS X1600 Pro 512 mb card and ATI tool is useless with this card. I am using the NGO 1.6.6 drivers if that matters. I have also had no luck with the ATI drivers or the Omega drivers.

    Even with my old Nvidia I could use it to overclock.

    Also does anyone know if this card has a temp sensor?
    That's a really old version of ATI Tools, get ati tools beta 14, and you'll be fine. beta 14 should have all the features you need.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler

    That's a really old version of ATI Tools, get ati tools beta 14, and you'll be fine. beta 14 should have all the features you need.

    Thanks I thought I was downloading the newest version I guess I wasnt.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •