Thread: Newsleecher.com ? / giganews or newsdemon?

Hi, I have newsleecher on trial and i loved it so much i wanted to buy a license. The problem is I cannot access newsleecher.com and havent been able to every time i try( i think its been 4 days) is there any way to register this program or has the company gone?

Mayaswell stick this in here
    giganews or newsdemon?
    im uk based
    8mb connection
    i download alot of binaries (games/xbox360games/movies)

I'm with thundernews.com but ever since they created the new server farms my download speeds have hit rock bottom (around 200-440kbs) where as before i was hitting 850kbs on port 9000, now they only allow ports 119/443 on the new servers (8080 on us-west but its still poor)

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    newsdemon no doubt i am from uk and i am hitting full speeds.

giganews is the best but very pricey.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster
    Also have to say Newsdemon...

Good deal if you go for the £52 6month unlimited they now have deicated servers for europe and for people who paid via Paypal.

I have 8Mbps connection and hit 6Mbps download.

Have had a few annoying problems when they switched the servers but thats all sorted now and if you want to post you have to request it via there live support.

Another small annoyance was the limit that should reset every 15mins but sometimes locked up and caused over quota error so had to get them to keep resetting it but have not had that problem since the new servers came on.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Yeah i was leaning towards newsdemon. I made a test account and i was getting a steady 650kbs, on thundernews when they had their original server up i could get 850kbs+ on port 9000. Even though newsdemon says you can connect on that port it wont actually let me, can one of you guys try it out? I almost always get high speeds on that port!

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Poster
    Im not but I think port 9000 dont work for european servers since the server change...

Every other port is fine for me but 9000 give connection refused.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    also have u tried using 8 connections?? that may help u get full speeds, because the trial account allows 8 connections.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    yeah i tried all 8 conections, it would only hit 650kbs max. I think going through port 9000 got through freedom2surfs traffic shaping net

btw anyone know anything about the newsleecher situation? ( i tried the insert serial number then set host file to 127.0.0.1 thing but it keeps asking for a serial after a restart )
    Last edited by Creomortis; 08-02-2006 at 07:43 PM.