Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Help! Windows Xp

I've downloaded Windows Xp, and when I try to run it it says, "Not a Valid Win32 Application." What does this mean? Help! Anysuggestions will help thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    did you download an iso of xp?
    if so, you'll have to burn it onto disc first, with a program like alcohol 120% or nero

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ive Read every wear and everyone says to extract, whatdoes that mean? how do i extract the file. I already put it on a cd but it wont run and it says the same thing, Not a valid Win32 application. Help.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by amphoteric88@4 May 2003 - 03:03
    did you download an iso of xp?
    if so, you'll have to burn it onto disc first, with a program like alcohol 120% or nero
    Listen to the man, Ramones I download WinXP off of kazaa, used (I forget exactly what I did ) WinISO>extract to a "New Folder">burnt a cd with Nero with contents of that folder.

Here's an other post with the same question/answer Not a valid WIN32 app

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    another way im pretty sure u can do it as long as u have winzip right click on the file go to winzip then extract and that should get the files out for u!!!! U should be able to figure it out from there

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by freak@4 May 2003 - 06:14
    another way im pretty sure u can do it as long as u have winzip right click on the file go to winzip then extract and that should get the files out for u!!!! U should be able to figure it out from there
    WinZip does not extract .ISO's. You must first install one of the programs mentioned above by amphoteric to 'extract' the files. You can also use winRAR or IsoBuster. Go into one of these programs and 'open' the XP.iso file. This will show you the files that are compressed into that file. Then select all of these files and extract them into a folder on your desktop(ie. WinXP Folder). Then burn the contents of the 'WinXP Folder' onto a cd. DO NOT BURN THE ENTIRE FOLDER.. JUST THE CONTENTS. This should help your problem alot.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i dont think he's talking about an iso i have a few files that give me that error and there exe files but u can extract stuff from them! the iso may be in there but from the sound of it its saying it not a valid win32 app so hey may have to do it the way i said

Ramones u should be more specific is it an iso, iso.exe or is it an exe if its an iso or a iso.exe ignore what i said...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Yah, I extracted with winrar. but you could probably also use winzip, and winace

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Ramones53rd3rd@4 May 2003 - 02:59
    I've downloaded Windows Xp, and when I try to run it it says, "Not a Valid Win32 Application." What does this mean? Help! Anysuggestions will help thanks.
    m8 to b able to extract it u need to change the extension to .iso
    first then use somthing like winrar which reads iso files

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    winiso is to be used to extract files from an iso image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast