Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help me if you can

Bad very Bad
    Ok I have a 40GB hard drive and I just got a new 160GB hard drive, I need to know if there is any way to merge them into one single 200GB hard drive? I am running windows XP.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    No, there isn't.
    Why would you want to anyway?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'm thinking I real noOb question but if shows on your computer as C: 40 gb and D: 160 mb what 's the difference ? You have two HDD so make the larger one the master the smaller one slave for music or photos ,things you want to keep .

Welcome by the way Venom 666 , oh shit with a nick like that don't what to make enemas . JK

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    Yes, it's quite easy if you make both drives dynamic. You can then give the non-system drive a mount point on the system drive (effectively a folder) rather than a drive letter.

However, if you want to break that relationship later you could have big problems so it really isn't worth the hassle. Better to follow the advice of peat moss.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Yes, it's quite easy if you make both drives dynamic. You can then give the non-system drive a mount point on the system drive (effectively a folder) rather than a drive letter.

However, if you want to break that relationship later you could have big problems so it really isn't worth the hassle. Better to follow the advice of peat moss.
    So his member name scared you too ? What you posted lynx I didn't know , but I hate to discourage new members from posting .

That's why I always enjoyed reading this forum , you learn so much .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    gevorg's Avatar Live and let live!
    You can do it through RAID 0.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Bad very Bad
    Thanks for the help and I am a real nice guy but I am a very head strong so thats why everyone calls me venom.
    Last edited by venom666; 07-26-2006 at 03:57 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Bad very Bad
    So would it be better for me to format the HD with the operating system on it and then make the larger HD the master and put the operating system on that then make the smaler HD the slave.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    No just the opposite. OS on 40GB as master. And 160GB storage & slave.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I know just bash it a couple of times and it should do what you want it to do. I do that when my burner dies on me. I kick it and the next time i burn it i have no problems.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast