Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do you use bit torrent

FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    BT is very good if you're in a decent tracker and also for rare stuff.
    You take the most of Usenet if you have a fast connection because if you have only 3 or 4 Mbit, it's not worth because you can get that speeds in BT. Nonetheless Usenet is faster for new releases...

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Fact is Usenet is faster. For those that havent tried it its worth a look into. We have a section on the site dedicated to it for those that what to check it out. Also a quick way to get started is to read the pin in at...
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=69159

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    <--LwA-->'s Avatar The BiTKiNg BT Rep: +1
    there are some rare things that you can only find in bit torrent................ also its fast......

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    justinius23's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vans12
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenblue
    The only reason i don't use usenet is because i would have to pay for it.
    This is false, most ISP provider a server that you can use. Besides even if you get a paid account from newshosting or some where it is 100% worth it. I mean i pay $15 a month to max out my connection and it is safe because no one else knows my ip, other then the server.
    and what if the newshoster gets pressured by the r**a/m**a into revealing ip addresses and the like? (not very likely i know, but hypothetically possible)

in my opinion file-sharing can never be completely safe. if you're worried about it, don't do it.

oh, and back on topic, i like torrents because you can find a lot of stuff you can't get with newsgroups. i am sure the retention varies with each hoster, but i think i'm right in saying things only stay up for a certain amount of time?
    Last edited by justinius23; 07-23-2006 at 09:21 PM.
    you look like i need a drink....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123