Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do you use bit torrent

Hey, I am just woundering why all of you guys use torrents when you could use news groups and max out your connection all the time every time. Also with news groups you dont need to upload, so you dont have to worry about someone taking all your upload bandwith. Their is a whole bunch of diffrent reson of why to use news groups, here is a guide for any one that wants to learn how to use them http://www.slyck.com/ng.php

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    why would'nt you use bit torrent ,its free and its fast ..you get all the 0day stuff and easy to use ..all i need these days is bit torrent..

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    The question should by why not use bittorrents.....they are good to get your stuff easily and easy to use!!! I got tom admit though using newsgroups and stuff makes life a lot easier.
    Last edited by gamer4eva; 07-20-2006 at 09:59 AM.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Zafer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    1 ) " Never pay for File Sharing! "
    2 ) I like sharing/seeding.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Usenet is good when you 'share' your account, lol.
    If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't use it... too many expenses atm.

BT is good to fill in gaps, and if you are a member of a decent private tracker, you will be able to max out on that too.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    yes i agree get on a good tracker and you will see the differance......

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RudeYute
    Usenet is good when you 'share' your account, lol.
    If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't use it... too many expenses atm.

BT is good to fill in gaps, and if you are a member of a decent private tracker, you will be able to max out on that too.
    This maybe the case some times but BT does not max out your connection everytime, with BT you have to rely on the peers to have good upload. On news groups you dont have to worry about any of the peers. Also news groups are a lot safer because you are not boardcasting your ip to all the peers, you just have the connection to the news group server, that is worth something.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by vans12
    Hey, I am just woundering why all of you guys use torrents when you could use news groups and max out your connection all the time every time. Also with news groups you dont need to upload, so you dont have to worry about someone taking all your upload bandwith. Their is a whole bunch of diffrent reson of why to use news groups, here is a guide for any one that wants to learn how to use them http://www.slyck.com/ng.php
    We also have a guide here on the site...
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=69159

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    citizenblue's Avatar DISABLED PRIVS
    The only reason i don't use usenet is because i would have to pay for it.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenblue
    The only reason i don't use usenet is because i would have to pay for it.
    This is false, most ISP provider a server that you can use. Besides even if you get a paid account from newshosting or some where it is 100% worth it. I mean i pay $15 a month to max out my connection and it is safe because no one else knows my ip, other then the server.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast