Thread: Music DVDs you love, and why...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    ...If you gauge them to be exceptional, post to that effect.

Let us advocate for the music we love...

Mods-

Is this worth pinning, as a long-term project?

I think so, but then, I'm just one member.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Music   -   #2
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    here's a few of the ones i still watch regularily.

hellfest vol III
    3 discs. lots of really great performances from so many different bands. from lamb of god, to the locust, to stretch arm strong to the bouncing souls to the red chord. what a true fest should be, stuffed with tons of amazing bands.

rage against the machine - live at the grand olympic auditorium
    a view of the greatest band ever at the height of their career and before their breakup. has their entire grand olympic performance and also has highlights from their performance in front of the democratic national convention in 2000.

rammstein - live aus berlin
    their live shows are so crazy. fire, flames, and explosions galore. rammstein know how to put together a class live act. it was done in 1999 aswell, so there's plenty of their earlier material played. yeaaa. it's a huge concert aswell, stadium style.

3. Music   -   #3
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    I have more but i remembered this one now:
    - Queen Live at Wembley '86

Freddie Mercury in his prime, a human powerhouse with an incredible voice and a unique show act. Memorable.

4. Music   -   #4
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Killadelphia - Lamb of God, just plain awesome cuz these guys actually show you how to play some of the more catchier riffs, unlike a lot of dvd's out there that just have live performances and no goodies.

Unholy Alliance Tour, now we're talking, some of the greatest bands that ever lived fit into one DVD, and it was filmed in Vancouver so I'm sold. Aritists like Children of Bodom, Mastodon, Lamb of God and Slayer show us what metal should be.

Dimebag Darrell - Division, Need I say more?

G3: Live in Denver, Vai, Satriani and Malmsteen all rolled up into one nice package.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

5. Music   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodygard
    I have more but i remembered this one now:
    - Queen Live at Wembley '86

Freddie Mercury in his prime, a human powerhouse with an incredible voice and a unique show act. Memorable.
    I'll second that; great DVD, great show.

I've been off into Rush, lately-got all the latest releases-Rush in Rio, R30, Rush Replay X3, and I'll say this:

If you can honestly say there are even two or three Rush songs you've ever really liked, you owe it to yourself to check them out.

I'd go with Rush in Rio to start-the set list is superb, and what I have found (after a lifetime of being a so-so Rush fan) is that, while their studio work is somewhat sterile, their live stuff is incredibly powerful, sonically as well as musically, and believe me, they are tight!

I bought Rio on a bit of a lark, and it blew me away, absolutely blew me away.

I'd never have guessed three guys in their fifties could generate that kind of energy.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain