Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asus A7vl-vm Problem

1. Do you know how to reset cmos bios.
    2. I what happened i went into the bios to change hard drive settings then it went funny couldnt do anything, now when i boot up computer the monitor wont cut in all that happens is the monitor light just flashes. Who has ideas to fix the problem
    Last edited by The_Hunter; 07-23-2006 at 01:36 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    That must be A7VI-VM not A7VL-VM.

Manual:

ftp://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/s...a7vivm-102.pdf

Clear CMOS is shown on page 50.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    still cant get to go screen will not work as soon as i fire up green light starts flashing on the monitor. monitor works ok on all other computer

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Did you try another monitor on that PC?

Do you hear any beep codes?

Try disconnecting all devices that aren't needed. Leave only the Power Supply, Motherboard, CPU, 1 stick of RAM and graphics card. Does it start now?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Looking at your motherboard more closely, I noticed that it has onboard graphics. Have you tried connecting your monitor to that?

You could even remove the graphics card as a further test per my previous post.
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 07-23-2006 at 04:10 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    yes tried another monitor, no beeps i can hear, everything discounted graphics card is on board, still nothing

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Do the fans spin?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    yes only seems to be a graphics problem as screen stays blank and cant get to the cmos to change things in bios

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    probably graphics prob or currupt bios

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    Did you disconnect the system from mains power when clearing bios? If not, system standby power may have prevented you from clearing it properly. The proper way is to disconnect from mains power, wait for any residual power in the circuits to dissipate (press the power button will speed this up), then move the jumper to the clear position for a few seconds before moving it back.

BTW, the system will not boot with the jumper in the clear position and you may damage the mobo.

If that doesn't help then, as VB says, remove everything you can including the graphics card (wasn't sure if you meant you'd done that), then clear the bios.

If you still don't have any luck it may mean that one of the few remaining components is faulty. If there's more than one stick of ram, try each one on its own in turn. If you can, test it/them in someone else's system.

Next thing to look at is the PSU, if you can borrow one from someone to try in your system. Don't try your PSU in their system - if it is faulty it could cause damage to their system. If your system works with another PSU then your PSU is faulty. Unfortunately if it doesn't work that doesn't mean that your PSU is ok, but it is much less likely to be the source of the problem.

Finally you are left with the CPU and motherboard. Again, substitution testing (your CPU in someone elses system, another CPU in your mobo) is the only real way to check.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast