Thread: Anyone familiar with Comodo Antivirus?

nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Stumbled upon Comodo Anitvirus which is free http://www.antivirus.comodo.com/
    Anyone used it yet?
    Is it any good?
    Resource Hog?
    Like to know before trying it myself. Due to the kids surfing around, it will have to do it's work immediately.

Tnx in advance for the replies.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Haven't tried it but since NOD32 and Kaspersky are both missing from the (mostly pointless) comparison table, it doesn't impress me much.
    I say 'mostly pointless' because what really matters is not whether it updates daily or can scan network drives but the ability to detect and deal with viruses.

It bears more than a passing resemblance to Norton AV as well. Bleurgh!
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    I agree, a comparisontable like on their site is pointless really, but then again they have to make a sort of impression to knew customers, don't they?
    But that is why I started this thread. Who's got really some experience with this antivirus program.
    If it looks like Norton ok, but if it is a "copy" of Norton or works that way, then it is not my choice.
    BTW to compare with highly rated programs such as Kaspersky and Nod32 is asking for trouble.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I've never heard about that one. Looks still beta and if it stays free then it might be something to look into once the final is out.
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 07-23-2006 at 07:26 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    You get what you pay for I guess , but I'm always interested in the freebies myself .

Comparison table : http://www.antivirus.comodo.com/comp...ica&country=CA