Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods Does It Again

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

All the more reason to start now, I'd think...
    ....to catch up to Tiger. Yeah I said that.
    Tiger will have to maintain his advantage, and perhaps increase it, to provide the necessary entertainment value.

Steroids are the only answer-Mickelson and Singh have better short games.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

....to catch up to Tiger. Yeah I said that.
    Tiger will have to maintain his advantage, and perhaps increase it, to provide the necessary entertainment value.

Steroids are the only answer-Mickelson and Singh have better short games.
    Again, Tiger is already on top. Mick and Singe have to catch him. Their short game comes up too short.

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    Tiger Woods wins the PGA Championship.

-18 and beats Shaun Michael by 5 strokes. He is the 1st player 2 win the PGA Championship twice on the same course.

Tiger is a legend already and on his way to being the greatest golfer in history.

He will eclipse Jack Nicklaus' majors record in no time. He might even get Sam Sneads record first.

Majors:
    Jack Nicklaus 18 Tiger Woods 12

PGA Tour wins:
    Sam Snead 82 Tiger Woods 51
    Last edited by Busyman™; 08-21-2006 at 12:52 AM.

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    Tiger Woods wins the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational despite massive screw ups.

PGA Tour wins:
    Sam Snead 82 Tiger Woods 52

The only reason folks like Phil Mickelson and the like have recently won majors and such is because of better equipment.

It is their steroids. Old Jack Nicklaus can hit the ball longer than he did in his youth.

Tiger Woods is so good that they had to "Tiger Proof" the courses.

Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan - kings of their respective sports.

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    Tiger Woods wins the Deutsche Bank Championship.

PGA Tour wins:
    Sam Snead 82 Tiger Woods 53

Wins In A Row:
    Byron Nelson 11 Tiger Woods 5

This makes it 5 in row since missing the cut at the US Open. It'll be hard for him to catch Nelson's record though.

6. Sports Club   -   #26
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I petition that this thread title be changed to, "Tiger Woods Does It Again, ang Again, And Again....."

yo

7. Sports Club   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I petition that this thread title be changed to, "Tiger Woods Does It Again, ang Again, And Again....."

He shot a 63 and had 2 eagles.

8. Sports Club   -   #28
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Woods slumps to Match Play defeat

World number one Tiger Woods suffered a shock first-round exit to fellow American Shaun Micheel at the World Match Play Championship at Wentworth.

Woods, winner of his last five tournaments, was below his best and lost 4&3 to the former USPGA champion.

World number two Jim Furyk is also out, beaten 4&3 by Swede Robert Karlsson, as is six-time winner Ernie Els, beaten 2&1 by Angel Cabrera.

But Colin Montgomerie, Paul Casey, Luke Donald and Michael Campbell all won.

Defending champion Campbell turned around an early two-hole deficit to win 3&1 against Englishman Simon Khan.

He will next face Montgomerie, who took the honours against Ryder Cup team-mate David Howell by one hole.

"I managed just to hang on," said Montgomerie. "I was never down all day, but he's a tough competitor."

Paul Casey, on his debut in the event, recovered from an early deficit to claim a fine 6&4 victory over South African Retief Goosen.

But world number five Adam Scott is out, losing 3&2 to Canada's Mike Weir.

Luke Donald looked set for an easy win over Tim Clark before the South African fought back to square the match after 33 holes.

But birdies on the last two holes ensured the Englishman and Campbell were the only two of the top eight seeds to progress.

A hat-trick of birdies from the third sparked Micheel's lead over world number one Woods, who bogeyed the 6th and 9th - the latter by missing a putt of under three feet.

"I felt like I hit the ball pretty decent all day but I just didn't make any putts," said Woods, whose putting was uncharacteristically poor all morning.

"I had my chances but I had a hard time with my pace on the greens."

Micheel was not at his best either, but grateful for a rare victory over the world number one.

"I don't think either of us played played really well," he said. "I played OK but not as well as I would have liked.

"I have finished second to Tiger more times than he has finished second to me. But he has been playing some great golf and will continue to do that."

9. Sports Club   -   #29
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Well he didn't do it today

10. Sports Club   -   #30
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    He just can't cope in the pressure situations.

Mon the Europe.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast