Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Riaa

Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by OlderThanDirt@10 May 2003 - 22:03
    The problem is that other companies besides Intel & AMD make CPUs. Joe Consumer might be willing to "go with the flow" and just buy what the industry sells. Other consumers who, like me, "build" rather than "buy" their systems, would take our business elsewhere. Intel/AMD are just the biggest CPU manufacturers, not the only CPU manufacturers.
    Doubt it. This battle is for consumer sales, its for business sales. Cisco, Microsoft, Intel, Amd, these are the big boys of computer industry. The backbone of banking systems and most computer networks are built on their products. Joe Consumer might have a choice, but he'll never get a fair shake in this business. Consumer products are based on industry demand, and business products create the platform for consumer use.
    Proud member of MDS

2. File Sharing   -   #92
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Click the link in my Sig for the Latest list of TCPA signatories.

May help you decide what 'Brands' to buy in the future.....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. File Sharing   -   #93
    Poster
    Riaa is going after the navy!
    You guys gotta read this!
    It's just fuckin' hilarious
    http://207.53.167.13/fusetalk/messageview....9&threadid=1328

Great Stuff

4. File Sharing   -   #94
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@11 May 2003 - 17:35
    Riaa is going after the navy!
    You guys gotta read this!
    It's just fuckin' hilarious
    http://207.53.167.13/fusetalk/messageview....9&threadid=1328

Great Stuff
    Daaammn... Whats next, Mr. Bush's " Private Collection" ?? I can just see the Secret Service now.. citing "National Security" issues..

Whoops.. never mind, I just read an article where Bush is pushing for a bill that would require ISP's to monitor its subscribers internet usage. Sorry George.. you just lost my vote in the next election. What ARE these people thinking?

5. File Sharing   -   #95
    Rat Faced wrote:

May help you decide what 'Brands' to buy in the future.....
    A number of CPU/hardware makers from Taiwan & Korea are not on the membership list. I think I mentioned this earlier but, certainly, now might be the best time to buy (aka "build") the most state-of-the-art system you can with parts not made by TCPA member businesses. And, now might also be a good time for people to (1) familiarize themselves with open-source OSs and (2) learn to write their own programs.

Still, I'm a believer in the Karmic wheel, hehe -- that things tend to balance themselves out over time. Or, as Princess Leia once said to Darth Vader:

The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.
    I can see a number of ways TCPA could backfire. First, those hardware manufacturers aren't the only games in town. And, all but a fraction of the software I currently use is either freeware or shareware. I could see TCPA being the father/mother behind an explosion in freeware/shareware development. Years ago, when I owned my first computer, I got to be a pretty darned good BASIC programmer. Perhaps an old dog like me could learn a few new tricks (grin). Or, as the old Revolutionary War joke went:

Q --Why did the Brit cross the road?
    A --Because somebody told him to.

Q--Why did the Colonist cross the road?
    A--Because somebody told him not to.

BTW, notice that Cisco is not a TCPA member. But...CLICK HERE. And that was over a year ago.

6. File Sharing   -   #96
    I swear to God I didn't plan this, hehe. My landlord and I are friends and he lives directly above my apartment. I heard a lot of laughter from upstairs and popped up to see what was going on. A friend of his had flown into town to attend a seminar ... and, the friend works as a tech for Intel. So, I asked him directly what he thought of TCPA. He got a broad smile and just said, "You can build any mousetrap you want, but there will always be a mouse that'll figure a way around it." He also suggested he was such a mouse. Yes, the future will be interesting indeed.

7. File Sharing   -   #97
    Poster
    Originally posted by OlderThanDirt@11 May 2003 - 22:59
    A friend of his had flown into town to attend a seminar ... and, the friend works as a tech for Intel. So, I asked him directly what he thought of TCPA. He got a broad smile and just said, "You can build any mousetrap you want, but there will always be a mouse that'll figure a way around it." He also suggested he was such a mouse. Yes, the future will be interesting indeed.
    We NEED people on the inside -- both to install 'backdoors' and to point out never-fixed flaws, which make the 'cure' worse than the 'disease'.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910