Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Riaa

By the way OTD, I started a post that I thought you may reply to HERE regarding the link you posted to the USA today article and the unfortunate statements made within.

I was going to leave a link to another article posted on the site of The Faimous One, but it appears his site may be down along with the others he is associated with at Fast Track, what is going lately.

2. File Sharing   -   #62
    Perhaps someone should create a program so people can donate bandwith to a good cause (DDOS attacks on the RIAA servers).

I know programs like this already exist, but we could have one where people would voluntary download it.

3. File Sharing   -   #63
    In addition OTD, you are doing us all a great service and we should all write, email and call to voice our opinions. The folks in the “biz” need to F**K OFF and go away fast.

Last night I was doing a search on something when I saw a file that came up which I knew had to be a fake, usually I only use verifieds on KL, well I was curious and started the download stopping it after a minute. I checked and it was a fake that came directly out of one of their IP’s. I know this because at the time I took 41 hits on my Peer Guardian after having near to none since installation. Those f**kers are bored sitting around with computers on connected to the network waiting for someone to download one of their fake files so they can attempt to probe your ass.

My use of KL seems to be less and less as time goes on considering the pure fact that this network is filled with malicious code and the makers have done little to cloak our activities such as Filetopia and others. Not to mention as many will point out it is the last in line to get anything anyway. I am even becoming questionable about the vulnerability of bittorent lately.

As far as those in the “biz”, I will stop buying anything that they are the profiteers from that sale. They have alienated one more customer forever.

4. File Sharing   -   #64
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by REALITY@8 May 2003 - 16:55
    My use of KL seems to be less and less as time goes on considering the pure fact that this network is filled with malicious code and the makers have done little to cloak our activities such as Filetopia and others.
    In all honesty, the RIAA isn't really a problem. Sure we read about them in the news, and the occasional piracy bust, but mostly, its just smoke and mirrors. Filetopia is a new service, and there is little proof that it even works. Kazaa is on par with every other filesharing program. When a true need for higher security arrises, then encryption and IP masking will follow.

Cloaking our activities sounds alot like "hiding from the law". B)
    Proud member of MDS

5. File Sharing   -   #65
    Originally posted by Jibbler@9 May 2003 - 00:42
    Cloaking our activities sounds alot like "hiding from the law". B)
    I would only state I rather not be bothered by fakes, malicious code or those that seem to be on a constant watch patrol. Though I do not intend on leaving soon, only I am opening my herizons for days to come. Of course Fast Track still remains the fastest p2p network by far, which is, at the moment, one of the most important factors of my use.

6. File Sharing   -   #66
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    I actually downloaded that new Shareza today, and its pretty neat. It combines different networks like bittorrent, kazaa and emule. Not a bad interface either, though it seems a bit slow to me. It had some sort of built in privacy feature, but I have yet to figure out what it does exactly.

I didn't mean to downgrade Filetopia as a service/client, I was just mentioning that they are "one of a kind" because there hasn't been a big need for privacy in the past. Of course, this will soon change, so let put some money into their stock now. By years end, we could be rich.
    Proud member of MDS

7. File Sharing   -   #67
    REALITY wrote:

By the way OTD, I started a post that I thought you may reply to HERE regarding the link you posted to the USA today article and the unfortunate statements made within.
    Didn't see it. I've replied to it now.

8. File Sharing   -   #68
    Originally posted by Jibbler@9 May 2003 - 02:26
    I didn't mean to downgrade Filetopia as a service/client, I was just mentioning that they are "one of a kind" because there hasn't been a big need for privacy in the past. Of course, this will soon change, so let put some money into their stock now. By years end, we could be rich.
    See ya at da BANK.

I'll check the new Shareaza, and OTD also mentioned earthstation5 which seems interesting to say the least.

Shareaza or Shareza, I think the first.

9. File Sharing   -   #69
    Jibbler wrote:

Cloaking our activities sounds alot like "hiding from the law".
    You've really got to read that article in The Inquirer (the British newspaper, not the American tabloid). The RIAA is NOT the law. The only thing people are hiding from are private entities who are acting like they're the law. If I slapped on a blue uniform and badge and started hassling people on the street, I'd be arrested for impersonating a police officer. So far, the RIAA has managed to get away with that crime. As The Inquirer said:

It is not an independent and duly authorised legal body and yet has acquired for itself the power to hack into any computer to examine the contents of the hard disk and the power to deposit new software or modify exiting software.
    The more the RIAA acts like the Gestapo, and the more the print media catches them at it, the more the public will realize the true danger to their rights ... even if they don't share files themselves. It's all a matter of time. The RIAA has embarked on what may be the biggest public relations blunder of all time. May the force be with them ... until their dark side becomes common knowledge.

10. File Sharing   -   #70
    Amen, well put.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast