Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Riaa

Poster
    Their going to flood the network with malicious code in an attemp to halt downloading Says The New York Times.
    Go here to read.
    It's REALLY Gettin' Dirty! http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/04/business...&partner=GOOGLE

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Interesting reading, though I doubt any of this will have much effect on filesharing. Plus, I forsee lots of civil suits from other computer users when their software backfires. Imagine Joe Blow working at some accounting firm, when the RIAA plugs in, and disables their computer by mistake. Thousands of accounts are lost by rebooting their machine.

Sorry, but its not going to happen. Sure makes for some nice propaganda. B)
    Proud member of MDS

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    LOL

You've got a point there!

Qoute from article

"A more malicious program, dubbed "freeze," locks up a computer system for a certain duration — minutes or possibly even hours "

This happens to me anyway

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@4 May 2003 - 04:46
    LOL

You've got a point there!

Qoute from article

"A more malicious program, dubbed "freeze," locks up a computer system for a certain duration — minutes or possibly even hours "

This happens to me anyway
    THis happens to me also it's called Windows

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    it always happens with windows and doors sometime freeze too

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    It's NEVER happened to me since I got windows xp pro. I think I ran into a number of these files, they're getting quite common, maybe we'll all have to use vertifieds for our music downloads, in that case we'd better start donating to their server costs. I am quite sure that my Anti virus program will put a stop to some of the things they throw at me and we'll find ways around the rest.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    like hell im donating to server costs!!!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by rastilin@4 May 2003 - 07:32
    It's NEVER happened to me since I got windows xp pro.
    Agreed. WinXP Pro is impossible to crash. Windows works so much better with lots of RAM.
    Proud member of MDS

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    fuck the riaa..i wish some hacker would just fuck them up bigtime

fuck Derby County

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Jibbler+4 May 2003 - 17:22--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 4 May 2003 - 17:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--rastilin@4 May 2003 - 07:32
    It&#39;s NEVER happened to me since I got windows xp pro.
    Agreed. WinXP Pro is impossible to crash. Windows works so much better with lots of RAM. [/b][/quote]
    XP does crash but when it does crash it is something really important.

Heh even linux crashes, yup thats right linux does crash , contrary to popular belief linux can be as unstable as windows, our uni pc&#39;s run red hat and they crash, not very oftern but less than xp and our xp machines rarely ecer go to full on crash. i think that xp is a nice os, it only ever crashes with me when my tv card throws a wobbly and conflicts with my gf4 driver when im messing around with video capture.

did u know that 98se requires only 64megs to run like a dream, give it 128 and its laughing, XP requires 128 min, 256 for a dream and 512 for laughing.

Xan

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast