Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Alexisonfire

  1. #1
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a plane, high as fuck
    Posts
    5,637
    I reciently stumbled across this bands myspace, and listened to a few songs and I was instantly hooked. I'VE KNOWN about them for the longest time, just never listened to them.

    Boiled frogs and charlie sheen vs. henry rollins are the two songs I listened too..ive downloaded a few others. Any recomendations from any alexis fans here?

  2. Music   -   #2
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,867
    some of their more popular songs:

    .44 caliber love letter
    control (a fave of mine)
    accidents

    the whole "watch out!" cd is pretty good.

  3. Music   -   #3
    accidents is good. I only like the songs that you can understand and that is very few of their songs.

  4. Music   -   #4
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by despikable View Post
    accidents is good. I only like the songs that you can understand and that is very few of their songs.
    music is music, if you want good lyrics go read poetry. jk

  5. Music   -   #5
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    6,741
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by despikable View Post
    accidents is good. I only like the songs that you can understand and that is very few of their songs.
    music is music, if you want good lyrics go read poetry. jk


    but you gotta admit, most of the time the vocalist doesnt make sense at all, barely hear anything over the screaming

    Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

  6. Music   -   #6
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,867
    for me, finding good lyrics to a great song is just icing on the cake. i wouldn't listen to a song that sounded like shit just cuz it had a good message or whatever.

  7. Music   -   #7
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    6,741
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551 View Post
    for me, finding good lyrics to a great song is just icing on the cake. i wouldn't listen to a song that sounded like shit just cuz it had a good message or whatever.
    True, but the vocalist for alexisonfire...is shitty (sort of) so ya, guitars are good, not bad or anything but not great either.

    At the same time, mindless music is the worst possible option, I like music that has a message behind it (no, not always political), but as you said, if the sound is shitty (vocalist, guitarist, drummer, etc. can't play properly or worth shit) and has the best message ever delivered, I'd still hate it.

    Finding a nice balance b/w both is very hard nowadays.

    Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

  8. Music   -   #8
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a plane, high as fuck
    Posts
    5,637
    If it sounds good, I listen to it lol.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •