Thread: Tv Out

When I bought my computer the graphics card came with TV out. Does anyone know what it is and what it can be used for?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    TRshady
    The video output should be s-video and if your tv has an s-video port you will need a cable so you will be able to connect your card to your tv in order to use your tv as a monitor (for playing games or watching dvd's etc).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    TV out as a RCA jack? Why not plug that into your TV, or VCR? If it's a S-Video (looks similar to a keyboard/mouse female-plug) , get an adaptor.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    So you're saying if I buy an adaptor I can use my TV (if it's compatible) as a monitor. Could I use it vice versa and watch TV (using the TV arial) on my monitor?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    What do you have though? An RCA jack or S-video jack? If you have an S-video jack and you want to use your TV as a monitor (if your TV dosen't has RCA jack use your VCR), you may. Does you video card support dual monitors (I guess it would if it has the extra jack ).

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by KANADIANborn@4 May 2003 - 11:12
    An RCA jack or S-video jack?
    How do I find out?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    what does the tv-out port look like?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    On the back of your video card. There's the "port" where you plug your monitor in, what else is there? RCA jack looks the same as video/audio in/out jacks on a VCR (round with a hole in the center). S-video looks similar to the "port" where you plug your your keyboard/mouse into. Compisite looks similar to your monitor "port" (but more rectangular, instead of "atari" ).

Whats the namebrand/model?