View Poll Results: Does fundamentalist Islam desire a religious/holy war?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 66.67%
  • No

5 33.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll question #1 about Islam

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Didn't you just say, "...depends on whether you believe..."?

Both are likely to tell different stories, each for their own reasons.

What's new?

In a strictly objective sense, upon which you must rely to make the argument, neither is more inherently "true" or "believable" than the other, is it?
    I did..

However as the Journalists were quoting Israeli Sources in some of these stories before the official Israeli version was released, i tend to go with them.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    it's unfortunate that most people want to live in peace, but somehow get represented by these nutters
    Best comment I've seen in this thread. Unfortunately the more accepted term for these nutters is "politicians".
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post

Oh, sure; they may eventually "stand up and be counted"...forgive my impatience, but what would you regard as an appropriate prompt for this to occur?

In simpler terms, what in the ever-loving blue fuck are they waiting for? Nukes?

ok concentrate:

They stand up when they are attacked, not when we are attacked. When they do stand up it tends to be against the attackers and there is little interest in who did what first. And when they do stand up it may be to fight a common enemy, not in support of extremist theology

You know the USA isn't unpopular just because it isn't mostly muslim...we have other things going for us.

I don't have the slightest idea what that means.
    Oh well

You seem to have taken some rather creative liberties with the quote function, sir.

Could have been an extended moment of extreme sloppiness, I suppose...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

You seem to have taken some rather creative liberties with the quote function, sir.

Could have been an extended moment of extreme sloppiness, I suppose...
    You don't like it if I answer each point in it's own quote, you don't like it if I put every word you type in one quote and reply within the quote in a pretty colours as you do.......Is it that you don't like the look of your own words?

what would make you happy?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25

Oh, sure; they may eventually "stand up and be counted"...forgive my impatience, but what would you regard as an appropriate prompt for this to occur?

In simpler terms, what in the ever-loving blue fuck are they waiting for? Nukes?

ok concentrate:

They stand up when they are attacked, not when we are attacked. When they do stand up it tends to be against the attackers and there is little interest in who did what first. And when they do stand up it may be to fight a common enemy, not in support of extremist theology

You know the USA isn't unpopular just because it isn't mostly muslim...we have other things going for us.

Oh well

I have emboldened the phrase of mine which you left curiously (or not?) hanging.

Feel free to explain.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    I quoted you, not me. You have a habbit of replying within peoples quotes and you have also been complaining that I split quotes to answer each part. I was not replying to myself, I was replying to you, so I removed my words to quote YOU. I used your different color method to answer within the quote so you could tell which were my words and which were yours. If you are confused as to what you had no idea of there is a pretty button that looks remarkably like this that you can click to see the entire post that was quoted.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    I quoted you, not me. You have a habbit of replying within peoples quotes and you have also been complaining that I split quotes to answer each part. I was not replying to myself, I was replying to you, so I removed my words to quote YOU. I used your different color method to answer within the quote so you could tell which were my words and which were yours. If you are confused as to what you had no idea of there is a pretty button that looks remarkably like this that you can click to see the entire post that was quoted.
    I have done, and you apparently still don't see what you have overlooked.

My statement "I don't have the slightest idea what that means.",
    appears in your post as a quote of my post absent the statement of your own with respect to which it was made:

As I said if you stuck to extremism you had a case with some foundations, but you couldn't do that.
    I must take pains now to communicate to you in very clear terms how totally bereft I am just now of appreciation for your having done this.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    and my reply to that was
    oh well

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Isn't it amazing, then, given all of their differences (which differences only really exist between them), they are so unified in action, purpose, target and method?

They are all of a piece, and we need not differentiate between them.

Have you any idea how many muslims there are in the world? and of those how many are terrorists?
    Ordinary muslims may stand up and be counted, Which side they will take is another matter. And for whatever reason.
    Do you accept that it may be possible that they would stand up to protect their land? or could it only be to support religious extremists.
    Ordinary people also want to keep their families safe, ordinary people stand up when they have to, mostly people want to live their lives and don't want to get involved...

As I said if you stuck to extremism you had a case with some foundations, but you couldn't do that.
    Please read the last sentence of your post, which is followed immediately by my response to it.

Please note the context, and compare it to...

[QUOTE=vidcc;1407489]

ok concentrate:

This ^, which is as you used it when you last quoted me.

Now, I hope you will accept my invitation to fuck off.

This is not the lounge.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    I explained it several times.

And if you want to resort to that language fuck you right back cuntface

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast