View Poll Results: Does Islam harbor imperialist/expansionist aspirations?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 46.67%
  • No

8 53.33%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poll question #2 about Islam

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    The ultra Orthodox position is disturbingly similar to the fundamentalist Muslim - with the one exception that the Muslim might hope you will convert whereas the Orthodox would rather you did not.

As is often the case, likes repel. Some of the most heated political arguments I saw at Uni were not between Left and Right but Left and Left. To be fair the Right and Libertarians had a few spats too.

I voted Yes as it is a proselytising religion.
    Last edited by Biggles; 08-01-2006 at 03:45 PM.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad View Post

So very sad and so very true. I am a muslim, but that's not 100% fact since I'm not religious whatsoever, I'm muslim simply by association, growing up in a Muslim family and whatnot. But not all muslims are like that, just as not all Jews want dead Palestinians, and just as not all republicans support Bush's every move. Each group's majority pushes and reinforces the stereotypes of that particular group, while only a handful stand out and up to bash those stereotypes back to hell from which they came, or so to speak.
    Now, that was good.

I didnt know azad could type like that that

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced View Post
    Don't the ultra-Orthodox Jews (The ones that wont give normal Jews the time of day) think non-Jews are sub-human?
    Oh yes, quite right...now that you mention it, I see them standing over there off to the left, right behind the Iranis, and next to the Syrians.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    The Federal Bureau of Investigation has described the Jewish Defense League in Congressional testimony as a "violent" and "extremist" group. In a sidebar in its "Terrorism 2000/2001" report, the Bureau said, "The Jewish Defense League has been deemed a right-wing terrorist group." It identified the group in a 1999 terrorism report as the perpetrator of several bombing and arson incidents that took place between 1980 and 1989. Mary Doran, an FBI street agent, described the JDL in 2004 Congressional testimony as "a proscribed terrorist group,"
    Like i said... all Religions have their "Fundamentalists"

And what do you call destruction of property and throwing people off their land, just because of their faith? Look at how the bedouin's, as an example, are treated within Israel.

The State of Israel is controlled by the Orthodox Jews... lets see now 20% of the population are non-jews, so give them 2.7% of the Services. And refuse to recognise some groups so they cant even marry without going abroad (for which they'll need special permission or wont be allowed back in).

Of course, if your an Orthodox Jew, you have no problems.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 08-01-2006 at 09:04 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    The Federal Bureau of Investigation has described the Jewish Defense League in Congressional testimony as a "violent" and "extremist" group. In a sidebar in its "Terrorism 2000/2001" report, the Bureau said, "The Jewish Defense League has been deemed a right-wing terrorist group." It identified the group in a 1999 terrorism report as the perpetrator of several bombing and arson incidents that took place between 1980 and 1989. Mary Doran, an FBI street agent, described the JDL in 2004 Congressional testimony as "a proscribed terrorist group,"
    Like i said... all Religions have their "Fundamentalists"

And what do you call destruction of property and throwing people off their land, just because of their faith? Look at how the bedouin's, as an example, are treated within Israel.

The State of Israel is controlled by the Orthodox Jews... lets see now 20% of the population are non-jews, so give them 2.7% of the Services. And refuse to recognise some groups so they cant even marry without going abroad (for which they'll need special permission or wont be allowed back in).

Of course, if your an Orthodox Jew, you have no problems.
    Hmmm.

Sounds like we ought to attack them, then.

Do you judge these conditions onerous compared to neighboring countries?

Saudi Arabia, perhaps?

BTW-I could throw a few unrelated but similar situations at you, you might be surprised.

Mexico, for one...but I digress...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I think maybe the pope not wanting catholics to use condoms or any other kind of contraception is a threat to the whole of Africa and should be considered genocide.

How many have died and are dying because of this 'policy'?

More than died in the towers, I'll tell you that for nothing
    So what's the biggest threat here?

The only reason Islam is standing out is because the media wants them to stand out.
    After all... the news value of a black child dying of AIDS isn't nearly as spectacular as some idiots trying to kill each other.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    You just dont get it do you?

Well, the US is now on its own... because even your pet Poodle has realised he's not even talking for the British Government, never mind its people.

Tony Blair is tonight calling for a total rethink of the approach to the Middle East in a speech which admits that military action in Iraq and Afghanistan had alienated moderate Muslims and undermined the War on Terror.
    Source

Its took him 3 years to admit that mind... and its only because he'd lose an election against some down and out picked at random off the street at the moment.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    I think maybe the pope not wanting catholics to use condoms or any other kind of contraception is a threat to the whole of Africa and should be considered genocide.

How many have died and are dying because of this 'policy'?

More than died in the towers, I'll tell you that for nothing
    So what's the biggest threat here?

The only reason Islam is standing out is because the media wants them to stand out.
    After all... the news value of a black child dying of AIDS isn't nearly as spectacular as some idiots trying to kill each other.
    That last is true, and so long as the "popular" method of helping involves little but throwing money at the problem of AIDS without supplemental counsel is a total waste.

As to the rest, I'll have to disagree-I think Al Jazeera does a fine job of allowing these clowns to label themselves-truth in advertizing, and all that.

I think if the media at large failed on even one occasion to remind it's consumers that UBL is of that particular faith, he'd manage to inform them of their oversight.

They themselves lead with it; for the media to fail to note this would be tantamount to censorship.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    In the United States, arson, firebombing and vandalism of abortion clinics, along with harassment of clinic employees and patrons have been cited as examples of terror tactics employed by anti-abortion extremists.

Often the perpetrators have been self-proclaimed Christians.

May I also name:

Christian Identity
    Freedomites
    Ku Klux Klan
    Lords Resistance Army
    Westboro Baptist Church
    Nagaland Rebels
    The National Liberation Front of Tripura
    Gods Army

There are Fundamentalists in every religion...
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 08-01-2006 at 10:09 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    You just dont get it do you?

Well, the US is now on its own... because even your pet Poodle has realised he's not even talking for the British Government, never mind its people.

Tony Blair is tonight calling for a total rethink of the approach to the Middle East in a speech which admits that military action in Iraq and Afghanistan had alienated moderate Muslims and undermined the War on Terror.
    Source

Its took him 3 years to admit that mind... and its only because he'd lose an election against some down and out picked at random off the street at the moment.
    Get what, exactly?

BTW-

You probably won't believe this, but subtract Blair's and the U.K.'s alliance and the we're in precisely the same place we are now.

Since the U.N. couldn't get it's thumb out of it's ass, we were gonna go, coalition or not.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast