Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stolen ScT Account. Please help!!!

Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    blekitna, sct did have that password change system previously. Now, the email change confirmation ONLY gets sent to the new address.

becareful accusing people of things, especially if you are not sure yourself.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    B O O S BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg View Post
    Now, the email change confirmation ONLY gets sent to the new address.
    IT'S FALSE !!!!

Please check it personally if You don't believe me

When You try change Your email on ScT -> CONFIRMATION EMAIL FIRST IS MAILED TO OUR OLD EMAIL ADDRESS !!!!
    Last edited by blekitna; 08-01-2006 at 08:26 AM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg View Post
    blekitna, sct did have that password change system previously. Now, the email change confirmation ONLY gets sent to the new address.

becareful accusing people of things, especially if you are not sure yourself.
    wrong.... i just tried it. it goes to the old email so they can confirm the email request change can go to the new email address. once that is confirmed then another email goes to the new address where that has to be confirmed.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    NiKRuLeZ's Avatar µTorrent BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Yeah to make it more secure for hackers to take over the account. If gish had the same password on his old email account then maybe it did get hacked, but if the username is non exsistant on ScT then hmmmmm.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    frunza verde
    the same person tryed to steal my oink account with that same password( I know it's stupid to have the same password at other sites)
    Just out of curiosity, what is your password, and why did you not change it on all the sites when you saw an "email change confirmation" (that's the only way i could think of for you to know his mail) in your email address, even thought you did not request it?

And another one... why did he not get your oink account? he obviously knew the password to your email (got your sct account) and he could have confirmed the email change...

It is your own fault, for having an easy password, and for not taking care of it when you should have. I doubt you will get your ScT account back.

Or all of this is just because you got scammed by someone...
    Last edited by ipage17; 08-01-2006 at 11:01 AM.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Well you right! I should have not have had the same password for all the sites and my email. but when I found out about my account being stolen I changed all my passwords so that none of them are the same. he did get my oink the same time he got my ScT but I used the irc chat to talk to a mod and prove that it was really my account.
    I know the whole thing with the password was stupid but I think I desurve another chance.

as far as the Email reset thing I don't know. I never had to do that on ScT!!

thanks!

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    B O O S BT Rep: +1
    @gish If You want send me PM with description Your situation and prove that it was really Your account and that Your account was stolen and that U would like to recover this account (give email address on which U want to recover this account) and I will send this PM to one MOD on SceneTorrents

Of course If U want
    Last edited by blekitna; 08-01-2006 at 12:23 PM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    Zafer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    @ gish

I wanna ask you Just one question.
    Did you download anything from ScT?

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    If you still got any initial sct emails when you opened the account to show as proof, maybe they can revert it back to the orginal email, i cant see why they could not. But this could lead to scammers trading there sct account only to then later asking for it back.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I still have the two conformation emails. both the invite and the conformation with my email address on them. I only downloaded one thing. I know it was a movie. PM me for the name of the movie.

thank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12