Thread: manker / Big Les

Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Thanks.

Squarehead passed his test today and is out driving the hairdresser's car, the blacker of the two. Because you guys were talking pish about insurance it occured that I beter tell them that he had passed said test, change of details and so forth. He is named on my policy.

You also mentioned that there is normally a small increase in cost. That is true, since you now have an 18 year old on their own, or with pals, rather than their Da sitting beside them. However in this instance there was no extra charge.

Big Les, bear in mind that your excess will probably have gone up by £400 as well. That's standard for younger drivers.

Cheers Guys.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

2. Lounge   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    My insurance that I just got last week (and I drove alone for first time yesterday ) is 900 my dad said.
    That would be 450 pounds is is close to what your paying?

I'm a "secondary driver" on a van though...

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    My insurance that I just got last week (and I drove alone for first time yesterday ) is 900 my dad said.

He was just short of £700 to get added to mine. The UK is pish for insurance for anyone under 21. We're with Direct Line so he can earn some no claims prior to reaching 21. That's fully comprehensive with protected no-claims bonus.

He'll be about £1,500 per year to get his own insurance on a similar car.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post

He was just short of £700 to get added to mine. The UK is pish for insurance for anyone under 21. We're with Direct Line so he can earn some no claims prior to reaching 21. That's fully comprehensive with protected no-claims bonus.

He'll be about £1,500 per year to get his own insurance on a similar car.
    It's pish until you're 25 unless you build up some no-claims.

Have you checked if other companies count the no-claims he'll (hopefully) be receiving as a named driver?

I've heard (not sure about this) it's only the companies who award no claims bonuses to named drivers that accept them when it comes to said named driver trying to get a quote on their own.

edit: what size is the clio? I can't find any insurance under £2000 (third party) and I've had my licence nearly 2 years.
    edit2: I suppose your address would help too, 1, JPaul Estate, Scotland.
    edit3: posh cunt
    Last edited by Proper Bo; 08-02-2006 at 08:33 PM.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #5
    He'll only get it if he stays with them, but they are decent prices and service anyway. Too many people go for the cheapest and forget that they actually need a service as well. He intends getting his own motor within the next few months anyway, so that isn't really a factor as he will earn his own no-claims. He get's 10% discount for having the same address as me and another 5 or 10 for doing it online.

The clio is a 1.2 and is group 2 insurance. To get a price for him I just put my reg into the on-line quote system. It's Direct Line again.

He's thinking about a Seat Ibiza (Black) is that hip and cool for the young dudes. Small engine again for insurance purposes.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    He's thinking about a Seat Ibiza (Black) is that hip and cool for the young dudes. Small engine again for insurance purposes.
    They look okay for a small hatchback but I personally wouldn't recommend it. My mother had two of them (N reg and then W reg), both of which needed the standard exhaust replaced due to them rotting, and they rusted like feckery under the bonnet.

She just traded in the second one last month for that focus. It's certainly a nicer car.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    They look okay for a small hatchback but I personally wouldn't recommend it. My mother had two of them (N reg and then W reg), both of which needed the standard exhaust replaced due to them rotting, and they rusted like feckery under the bonnet.
    Not meaning to come across the wrong way or owt, but I meant new. As in 56 plate. Unlikely to rust for a good while due to the galvanised steel.

8. Lounge   -   #8

Not meaning to come across the wrong way or owt, but I meant new. As in 56 plate. Unlikely to rust for a good while due to the galvanised steel.
    Both the Ibizas my mother had were from new.

9. Lounge   -   #9

Both the Ibizas my mother had were from new.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    The older Seat's were from the pre-VAG takeover. The newer ones are effectively Audi's with a different body. Have a look at almost any part (except bodywork) on a Seat and you will find the four interlocked Audi rings.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.