Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uk based isp 8mb MAX?

4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeco View Post

!

r they allowed to kick u for to much useage if ur still in the 12month contract?

might do 300gbs in a month or something and see if they get annoyed
    I think they'd still charge the cancellation fee though.
    Nope they will just cancell the contract. They are a useless bunch of twats though. they gave me a month to switch providers and a migration code. the same evening i swapped to zeninternet but bt cocked it all up and cancelled my broadband straight away and made me pay a £50 activation fee.

so i now use zen which has 7 day binary retention, 2mb uncapped.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Blueyonder is the best. But bethere.co.uk have like 24mb broadband. The trick is that not all BT lines can support past 8mb. Check http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php and type in your postcode and telephone number and see what your max speed is. Mine is currently 4.5mb therefore i cannot even use the 8mb bullldog and i will only get 4.5mb max. Thats why i got blueyonder. The lines are compatible with high speeds.

@Creomortis
    If your speed has always been throttled to 600kb/s then this means thats the max speed your BT line can handle.
    Last edited by gamer4eva; 08-04-2006 at 02:32 PM.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentguy View Post
    Uh j0hn be is not cable Its ADSL.
    ur right, and wrong.

ur right, its not cable.
    ur wrong though, its not adsl.
    its adsl2+, using llu technology, and isnt available to most ppl.

90% of cable users (mainly big cities or well built up areas) can get llu through their phone line. thats why i referred to it as cable, even though its not.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    tempted to go with sky but i dont like the 12month contract as i like to cancel whenever i like. Probably going to give AOL a try tho

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Its magic baby!
    I would go for Bethere they offer 24mb for £25 i think and as far as i know they are uncapped and unlimited. I'm with bulldog and getting 1.2mbps with adsl2 not sure that the offer it anymore though. The max speed you get is mostly to do with your proximity to the exchange, the closer yo0u are the faster it is I think the lines can handle quite alot it could also be your router that is the problem when i changed from the bulldog supllied router to a different more powerful one i went from 400-750kbps on 8meg.
    Last edited by Wizard_Mon1; 08-15-2006 at 09:32 AM.
    Wiz.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Unfortunately cant get anything above 2mb where i live, they say they are are upgrading though

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    last time i checked be was capped at 500GB. I would be very impressed if someone could actually exceed that cap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12