Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cease Fire !

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Tottering on the brink of an Islam versus the West, world war, finally I hear the USA calling for a cease-fire by (at least) Monday. If Israel does cease-fire Monday, it will prove that the USA is controlling Israel in my opinion ...

This morning the Israeli army is rushing in tanks and other armour in what seems to be the actual invasion force. The question is, how far will they go?

There is a chance that there will be attacks on Europe too, as Hezbollah runs its proxy war for Iran and Syria (and Israel for the USA) ; a long range missile launched from southern Lebanon, could easily reach London.

Is then a cease-fire the answer, or will we only be confronted later with this terror if they appease?

I think we are in for a worrying time, as this far from my bed show, could turn live for us all, very soon now.

I suppose at this stage we should be praying for help from God.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Good to hear about Cease-fire. I hope that Israel will start pulling out of Lebanon soon, but the damage is already done.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post
    There is a chance that there will be attacks on Europe too, as Hezbollah runs its proxy war for Iran and Syria (and Israel for the USA) ; a long range missile launched from southern Lebanon, could easily reach London.
    Sorry to be so blunt, but that's absolute crap.

The rockets held by Hezbollah have a maximum range of about 50 miles. They may have one or two missiles capable of reaching Tel Aviv, but that's still only about 100 miles.

Don't hold your breath hoping for a cease-fire, the American administration hasn't made enough money out of this yet. There's a lot of profit to be made out of arms sales and increased oil prices.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Well I suppose if the Hezbollah were prepared for a war then Syria and Iran have had time to do so too. I hope you are right regarding the missiles lynx. Oil is indeed a poweful weapon, for... the Muslim lands. In fact they have the West over a barrel...

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post

Don't hold your breath hoping for a cease-fire, the American administration hasn't made enough money out of this yet. There's a lot of profit to be made out of arms sales and increased oil prices.
    Don't be daft, the American Administration give Israel the money to buy the weapons from their Arms dealers in the first place. The Administration (US Taxpayer) loses in all this.. the profits go to the Shareholders in the Arms Industry, not the US Government.

Oh, wait a minute...

Anyway, this is all about Hezbollah...

Israeli raids have destroyed three bridges in the Christian heartland north of Beirut this morning
    ... who have obviously spent a lot of time since the Civil War in the Christian safe havens where Muslims are, of course, welcomed with open arms.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 08-04-2006 at 10:06 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    ??
    Last edited by j2k4; 08-06-2006 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Sinful redundancy
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post
    I will be less blunt and say that's unlikely. Look how advanced those countries are in eastern asia, like Japan, both the Koreas, and Taiwan with regards to technology. Even so, the only one of those who have missiles that could really pose a threat to distant cities (trans-continental) is North Korea. Their missiles are getting better, but still I think they couldn't hit D.C. at the moment.

If they attacked you, they would attack from within. I have posted in another thread, that there was report that some enemy groups have managed to smuggle small portable "tactical nukes" into this country through the Mexican border. These tactical nukes could take out a large Metro City here in the U.S., like Chicago, but would not level an entire geographic region in the same way a full size nuke would. The main purpose behind a tactical nuke would be similar to the Sept. 11th attacks, which would be to inspire widespread panic and fear.

They want you to be afraid, to react like that, because the wars being fought in these end times are not traditional wars, they are propaganda wars. Wars to make you believe a certain way, to the benefit of others. This is how, Hezbollah can attack
    during a supposed cease fire, and still have people thinking "wow, I can't believe how unreasonable Israel is acting". They are fighting a better propaganda war, aided by certain powerful individuals who control the media and want to sway world affairs.
    Last edited by MediaSlayer; 08-06-2006 at 12:39 PM.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaSlayer View Post
    This is how, Hezbollah can attack during a supposed cease fire, and still have people thinking "wow, I can't believe how unreasonable Israel is acting". They are fighting a better propaganda war, aided by certain powerful individuals who control the media and want to sway world affairs.
    It's hard to believe how naive you appear. There isn't a cease fire, Israel has publicly announced it isn't going to stop because it "hasn't finished its business".

As for your inference that the media are supporting Hezbollah, most Western sources blame Hezbollah for starting this conflict - that Hezbollah was at fault for capturing two members of an illegal Israeli snatch squad (except they always omit the bit about it being a snatch squad), or that Hezbollah was at fault for firing rockets into Israel in response to Israeli bombing raids (except they always omit the bit about the bombing raids).

In any case, I can't see any reason why Hezbollah would have any truck with such a one-sided resolution. If accepted it gives Israel the green light to continue its action as long as they define them as defensive measures, while Hezbollah has to bear everything that comes their way. And once Hezbollah is disarmed, who's going to take action against Israel when they break the resolution (and they will, because they always do). The French are supposedly going to be leading any international force in the area, will we see them undertaking bombing raids on Israel? I don't think so.

It's only purpose is to attempt to put Hezbollah in a bad light when they reject it out-of-hand, and give Israel the green light to continue its attempts at ethnic cleansing. America will have blood on its hands once again, yet doesn't seem to have the wit to see that this can only lead to more international terrorist action. The only hope is that one of the other permanent members of the security council exercises their veto, but it doesn't seem likely.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaSlayer View Post
    This is how, Hezbollah can attack during a supposed cease fire, and still have people thinking "wow, I can't believe how unreasonable Israel is acting". They are fighting a better propaganda war, aided by certain powerful individuals who control the media and want to sway world affairs.
    It's hard to believe how naive you appear. There isn't a cease fire, Israel has publicly announced it isn't going to stop because it "hasn't finished its business".

As for your inference that the media are supporting Hezbollah, most Western sources blame Hezbollah for starting this conflict - that Hezbollah was at fault for capturing two members of an illegal Israeli snatch squad (except they always omit the bit about it being a snatch squad), or that Hezbollah was at fault for firing rockets into Israel in response to Israeli bombing raids (except they always omit the bit about the bombing raids).

In any case, I can't see any reason why Hezbollah would have any truck with such a one-sided resolution. If accepted it gives Israel the green light to continue its action as long as they define them as defensive measures, while Hezbollah has to bear everything that comes their way. And once Hezbollah is disarmed, who's going to take action against Israel when they break the resolution (and they will, because they always do). The French are supposedly going to be leading any international force in the area, will we see them undertaking bombing raids on Israel? I don't think so.

It's only purpose is to attempt to put Hezbollah in a bad light when they reject it out-of-hand, and give Israel the green light to continue its attempts at ethnic cleansing. America will have blood on its hands once again, yet doesn't seem to have the wit to see that this can only lead to more international terrorist action. The only hope is that one of the other permanent members of the security council exercises their veto, but it doesn't seem likely.
    Again, maybe Ebola should stop fucking with Azrael. I agree that the measure was rather one sided though. Israel can just redefine their defense as being a good offense (which is partially true).

As long as Ebola is around they will probably fuck with Azrael. Who knows?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    ...give Israel the green light to continue its attempts at ethnic cleansing...
    First I've heard of that...

Would this be some sort of multi-ethnic cleansing?
    Last edited by j2k4; 08-06-2006 at 06:20 PM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast