Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: ATI's new upcoming RD600 Chipset

  1. #1
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,588
    ati's new chipset looks to be the best u'll want to have for any new pc ur gonna be building. supporting dual x16 crossfire, conroe ready, 3 pci-e slots, 25% ocing capabilites for pci-e, and the most promising feature is not having a memory divider!!! this Intel only mb seems to be the best on the block once it gets released cum later this year especially paired with the new R600 core ATI video cards!

    Source
    Alamo Drafthouse!

    Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,295
    Wow, even after the acquisition of ATI by AMD they're still making Intel only motherboards... Isn't that not allowed?

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    Wow, even after the acquisition of ATI by AMD they're still making Intel only motherboards... Isn't that not allowed?
    If they've got the info to make the chipset who's to stop them?

    They may have difficulty in the future, since they can't make the relevant non-disclosure agreements.
    .
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Detroit
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,461
    Oh God I hope this is released SOON. I'm getting sick of waiting for my new computer (1 month since I sold my computer).

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    6,741
    Everyone overlooks the fact that DX10 cards aren't out yet, why buy a mobo and a brand new spanking card when they're not next gen at all?

    I know you're anxious Gameguy but seriously wait till after the holidays, for now buy like a POS comp that gets the job done, unless you're really really really impatient, your money not mine man, I'm just offering my opinion.

    Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    -=U.S.A=-
    Posts
    2,450
    he is really really impatient, i would know, WAY TO TALK BACK TO ME ON XBOX LIVE KEEBS

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Detroit
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,461
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad View Post
    Everyone overlooks the fact that DX10 cards aren't out yet, why buy a mobo and a brand new spanking card when they're not next gen at all?

    I know you're anxious Gameguy but seriously wait till after the holidays, for now buy like a POS comp that gets the job done, unless you're really really really impatient, your money not mine man, I'm just offering my opinion.
    I have a PCI-Express card now and from what I know, dx 10 will still be using pci express x16.

    lol jihad sry bout live but Halo ain't my thing ne more plus I'm usually only on live for at most 30 mins aT a time. I'm a pretty big Socom FTB fan now.

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,588
    u can get whatever setup u like and not waste ur money now be4 dx10 cums out. how u ask? get said mb and cpu and then go for an ati x1950xtx. when dx10 games cum out and u want/need a dx10 vid crd go out and get u a dx10 compatible vid crd and use that x1950xtx for ur physics accelerator! nothing wasted. besides, dx10 games are a long way off...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

    Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    6,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad View Post
    Everyone overlooks the fact that DX10 cards aren't out yet, why buy a mobo and a brand new spanking card when they're not next gen at all?

    I know you're anxious Gameguy but seriously wait till after the holidays, for now buy like a POS comp that gets the job done, unless you're really really really impatient, your money not mine man, I'm just offering my opinion.
    I have a PCI-Express card now and from what I know, dx 10 will still be using pci express x16.

    lol jihad sry bout live but Halo ain't my thing ne more plus I'm usually only on live for at most 30 mins aT a time. I'm a pretty big Socom FTB fan now.
    Ha, I still remember when me and you were supposed to face off in H2, u never showed haha so I played all night with a bunch of n00bs...and got pwned, worst night right there.

    Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,588
    finally rd600 benchmarks are coming out! having said that these benches are giving the new chipset any justice as the 975 chipset and this one are pretty much on par. damn u intel for chipset blocking! u know what i mean...

    Benches
    Alamo Drafthouse!

    Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •