Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Email Virus

Has anyone used a programme called MailWasher? It is supposed to filter unwanted Emails. Is it any good or is there a better one. Grateful for any advice on this subject.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    MailWasher is very good. You can bounce spam making the spammer think your address does not exist. You can preview a text version of emails (while still in your server) before opening them and possible executing viruses. I would recomend this program.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Me too, its really handy. Especially if you've got an hotmail account.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Thanks for advice both of you. I have just downloaded the free version from the internet but when I ask it to check my mail an error comes up to say cannot allocate socket any idea what this means? Help would be appreciated

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Is your email account a pop3 account or is it web based?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    pop3 account with ntl.com

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I've had a quick scan through the FAQ's and I can't find the error message your getting

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Curley I also looked through FAQ's and I could'nt see anythingabout this error but I wondered if anyone had experienced this problem and found the solution. Here's Hoping! Thanks for trying anyway.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Since last post have discovered macaffe was causing socket error. New error now says No such Host, ensure pop3 is correct. How do I check this does anyone know Please? as I cant see how to do this!!!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Curley@5 May 2003 - 18:06
    Me too, its really handy.  Especially if you've got an hotmail account.
    For some reason, I can't get it to work with Hotmail even though I've downloaded various versions of the program.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast