Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphic card query

I have a nVidia GeForce 4 MX440 64MB ... although in Device manager it say "SiS 650"for Display Adapters

does this mean that i have the wrong graphic card installed or something else

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Does the nvidia card show anywhere in device manager? Maybe in unknown devices with a ! or ? next to it?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    That's a made up, I mean, weird problem
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    I had that very same card in an old computer and the device manager showed that very card.

I would have to guess that you have the wrong driver installed.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Is the card running in VGA mode (640x480, 16 colours)? If so, it doesn't make any difference what sort of card you've got since all cards have to work the same in that mode. It will probably fail if you try to use any higher settings though.

You haven't said what OS you are running, so it's difficult to advise you exactly what to do, but you should download the correct drivers and replace the ones you are using.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Its certainly possible that your motherboard has onboard graphics (sis650) that either never got disabled or the chip is operating your card (since I assume your Monitor is plugged into the card). Is there a vga plug on the back of the computer as well as the one on the card?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    runinng on windows xp home
    there is a vga plug back of my tower and monitor plugged into it
    it looks like the monitor is running on SiS 650 resolution 1024x768 32bit

and also
    I have tried to install nVidia driver but when doing so it shows an error message that the appropraite hardware wasnot found and couldn't install driver
    Last edited by nishil; 08-09-2006 at 01:45 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Why don't you tell us the specs of the PC? Most importantly the motherboard model.

My next question is... How do you know that you have "a nVidia GeForce 4 MX440 64MB" card? Did you actually check it visually?

What drivers have you tried? Check here: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Intel Celeron 2.6 GHz
    Columbia V (GA-8SIML-NF5) Ver 2.0 - Motherboard

i called my manufacturer to find out what graphic card i had and i have tried the GeForce and TNT2 as wel as GeForce Go 7 Series
    Last edited by nishil; 08-09-2006 at 03:10 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    According to their web site, your computer has "SiS 651 IGUI HMAC 3D Graphic SDR/DDR Chipset"

http://support.packardbell.org/uk/it...Specifications

And your display drivers are available here: http://support.packardbell.org/uk/it...danube_ixtreme

The only way you could have the nVidia GeForce 4 MX440 would be if you had an add on AGP card in your computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast