Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bin vs iso

Smile

whats the differnce between a bin file and an iso

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    To the average user, nothing.. They are both images of CDs (or DVDs). You burn these files with a burning program (like Nero) or mount them on a virtual drive (like Daemon Tools). With bin files, you need a second file called a Cue. If you have a bin but no cue, Daemon Tools can mount bins that have no cues.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Although if you dont have a cue file it can be made by editing another cue file and changing some stuff.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    BIN is much better for me and NO, u don't need a .CUE file to mount in daemon tools or burn, u just select *.* files.
    I think that in 90% of time when i download some BIN file i don't get the CUE, basicly i stay away from CUE cause for me its just more files which i don't like
    I always had more errors with ISO files, seems like ISO files are faked more than BIN. There are more ISO files in past and less in future as i figured. And probably BIN would be a better choice for RARing down the files. Well there are some recently not soo rare cases of wierd users that make out of 2 gb BIN file a 2 gb exact amount of 100+ RAR files, lol noobs. Than i ask myself whats the point in doing it since if u lost 1 RAR file u can't extract it. But than again use your flavor or ask yourself CUE vs SVF. ;D

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    A bin contains all the information from the original source plus information on how the information was layed out on the source.

An iso contains all the information from the source, but no information about how they were layed out on the source.

A bin creates a more exact to the original copy, and is larger than the iso counterpart or the original because of the placement information. Because the iso is the information only it would be the exact same size has the original.

I.E.
    source = 700mb
    iso = 700mb (files will be unordered)
    bin = 800mb (differnce in size being information about the order the files were in on the source. When burned the image will be 700mbs with files in the same order as source.)
    Last edited by Broken; 08-09-2006 at 05:55 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    A bin contains all the information from the original source plus information on how the information was layed out on the source.

An iso contains all the information from the source, but no information about how they were layed out on the source.

A bin creates a more exact to the original copy, and is larger than the iso counterpart or the original because of the placement information. Because the iso is the information only it would be the exact same size has the original.

I.E.
    source = 700mb
    iso = 700mb (files will be unordered)
    bin = 800mb (differnce in size being information about the order the files were in on the source. When burned the image will be 700mbs with files in the same order as source.)
    always wondered why when you burn a 800mb bin it will fit on a cd.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7

Unsure

id like to thank everyone for replying to my question although i dont know why the forum said i got an infraction for it iv certainly seen people poast atlot worse and i was even cautious to post my real question ''will bin files mount with dameon tools'' but im greatful for the help boys so let me ask you if a bin file will burn with alcahol 120% thats what i use to burn my iso images everytime i try to use nero it wont burn the image to a disk just my desktop or whatever directory i specify

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by nolan57 View Post
    id like to thank everyone for replying to my question although i dont know why the forum said i got an infraction for it iv certainly seen people poast atlot worse and i was even cautious to post my real question ''will bin files mount with dameon tools'' but im greatful for the help boys so let me ask you if a bin file will burn with alcahol 120% thats what i use to burn my iso images everytime i try to use nero it wont burn the image to a disk just my desktop or whatever directory i specify
    Use ImgBurn to burn image files: http://www.imgburn.com/

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4eva View Post
    Although if you dont have a cue file it can be made by editing another cue file and changing some stuff.
    ty if u dont mind could u tell me how to modify an existing cue file to corrospond with another

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by nolan57 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4eva View Post
    ty if u dont mind could u tell me how to modify an existing cue file to corrospond with another
    Open the CUE file with notepad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast