Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: I guess this is a sort of poll...

lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Let us begin, then, with your own equation, i.e.:

'Hezbollah is to Lebanon as Israel is to the United States'

Make your case.

You have plenty of time, as I'm off to do other things for the evening.
    Do you need remedial reading lessons too? You are the one making that suggestion, not me. That's your second attempt at misquoting, but typical of your diversionary tactics.

Back up your point that they can easily change their constitution, but you had better include in that reasons why your own constitution should be as easily changed.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Be careful living with that straw man....they attract rodents and can be a bit of a fire hazard.
    Resorting to insults now? Had enough of mis-quoting me? Maybe a little consistency wouldn't go astray with you.

A person not serving in the military and not in uniform but fighting an invading or occupying force in his / her own country (whoever that occupying force happens to be) is not a terrorist.
    So you think that killing innocent people is justified because they "feel they are fighting for a just cause"?
    Did l say that? l was giving you their point of view, and pointing out that to THEM they are in the right, and that when you punish people who believe they are right you are, to THEM, oppressing them further.
    Is it OK for that foreign military to launch attacks against neighbouring countries against the will of the people?
    And in the case of Saudi Arabia, where there is no legitimate government, just a puppet regime kept in power by the US military, do the people have any rights at all in your eyes?
    Yes the people do have rights, or at least should have. If they don't want US bases in the country they should go after the Saudi regime....not flight *** filled with innocent people.
    So are you saying that when a country like the US props up an illegitimate regime, and supplies them with the weapons and intelligence to suppress their own people, that the US should remain blameless, just because that same regime invited them? So if you're in a schoolyard protecting the bully, you're not a fault, just the bully?
    I said we have a bad foriegn policy
    l wonder how the world would have reacted had the British military acted the same way against the IRA, and Ireland, the country that housed them, as Israel acts against it's neighbours? How would it have been if they had done to Dublin what Israel did to Beirut? If you can't see the hypocrisy in that you must be blind. So how do you think THEY feel? The West has taken sides, when they should be bringing peace, and every day we bring upon ourselves new enemies.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Let us begin, then, with your own equation, i.e.:

'Hezbollah is to Lebanon as Israel is to the United States'

Make your case.

You have plenty of time, as I'm off to do other things for the evening.
    Do you need remedial reading lessons too? You are the one making that suggestion, not me. That's your second attempt at misquoting, but typical of your diversionary tactics.

I will point out that it was you who drew the comparison, not me.

Back up your point that they can easily change their constitution, but you had better include in that reasons why your own constitution should be as easily changed.
    What has any of this got to do with our constitiution?

I can tell you that if such a situation existed here, it would beg constitutional action, which would surely follow.

I might ask you why you think, since Lebanon 'allows' Hezbollah absolute free rein, why Hezbollah itself (being ensconsed as it is in government) does not force this issue itself?

On the order of 'inclusion'-favored everywhere, right?-one might think there would be an almighty great rush to get this done...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345