Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Never pay for File Sharing?

kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    Doesn't newsgroups contradict the claim "Never pay for File Sharing!"? I mean, people are paying money for the "quality" servers aren't they? Maybe the saying should be changed to "Occasionally pay for File Sharing!"?. I just put this out as something to think about.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    It is true BUT that message is meant for n00bs to filesharing who may see the ads for kazaa gold and other things then go out and buy it which is NOT worth any money.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Many people don't pay for newsgroups, but people do pay for convenience. A quality pay server removes the need to multiplex several free news servers together into a virtual quality server.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I have been using newsgroups for over a month and it is well worth the paying the small monthly fee. I can find some things on there I can't find on bt at all. And there is always a good speed. I have never been under a steady 730 kbs, sometimes I hit over 800. But I do go between the both. I use bt sometimes for items that I don't see on any newsgroup.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I think it means "Never pay for P2P".
    Newsgroups access is probably one of the best investments a computer user would make. Most software is then free.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    Never pay for File Sharing!
    using newsgroups is hardly sharing. its leeching.
    and the right package at the right price is well worth the money!
    Last edited by j0hn; 08-12-2006 at 07:02 PM. Reason: damn tags

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Yeah your not sharing files....therefore you pay innit!!!
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    using newsgroups is hardly sharing. its leeching.
    and the right package at the right price is well worth the money!
    Ahh yes, I see your point. Quite true

Yea and the warning has a good purpose, especially to noobs as rossco said,
    It is true BUT that message is meant for n00bs to filesharing who may see the ads for kazaa gold and other things then go out and buy it which is NOT worth any money.
    If you get speeds like that cerote, I might even sign up as those speeds are incredible!

Thanks

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Jimi...'s Avatar Mister Subtle
    Well put it this way, for a one year subcription with NewsHosting and Newsleecher for a year comes to around £100, that's about 27p a day. Hardly breaking the bank is it.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi... View Post
    Well put it this way, for a one year subcription with NewsHosting and Newsleecher for a year comes to around £100, that's about 27p a day. Hardly breaking the bank is it.
    Compared to the money you save by not having to buy movies, cds, rent movies, buy software, games, etc...definately.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast