Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website Design Software

I need to make 3 websites for me and a couple friends, i have the time to learn how to use a program, but i don't know what software to use. If anyone can recommend a good website design program, that would be beautiful. If possible.....a program that is easy to use, if not i'll just have to learn the hard way. Any suggestions??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    is it possible to just use frontpage to do everything?
    isn't coolpage a crappy program??

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    frontpage works ok, imo
    if you want to add flash, use studio mx

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    is there not one prog that does it all or am i just dreaming??

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    frontpage will do everything on a basic level
    if you want an all singing all dancing page you'll need to use more than one though
    try using frontpage and see what the limits are

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Thanks man, i'm downloading frontpage now!! actually i'm gettin office xp 2002 with frontpage !!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    np, it's quite a good package
    hope you get on well with it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    What size is the program macromedia studio mx, i found 2 that lots of people have, but their sizes are drastically different. 1 of them is 140mb the other is 276mb. Does anyone know which is the right one ??

nevermind, one of them is for windows xp , the other for windows 2000.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Ur better off using Dreamweaver MX and Fireworks MX. Dreamweaver for the coding and Fireworks for the graphics. FrontPage gives you a lot of unecessary MS code that it can make it difficult for you to clean up. Dreamweaver on the other has a simple interface and will allow you develop site much quicker. Besides Dreamweaver can handle a lot of server languages (ASP, Coldfusion, PHP etc...)

My website was created using Dreamweaver. I used the PHP/MySQL server model. The link is http://www.grafikkaos.co.uk B)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Yes Dreamweaver - absolutely. It is a simple interface and there are tutorials to get you started. Studio MX is a whole bunch of Macromedia programs for all different elements of web design and maintainence - but you have everything in Dreamweaver for a first site.

LJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast