Page 136 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3686126133134135136137138139146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1966

Thread: FileSharingTalk.com Welcome **READ THIS**

o hello. been around for a long time but just registered here. I once met one of the co-inventors of usenet and bought him a beer. we had a nice chat. :-)

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #1352
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by knowyouok View Post
    oink/what was totally my fave of all.
    This reminds me I haven't checked on /r/trackers for a while, and therefore must be missing out on the mandatory monthly "I miss What.cd" thread.
    I wasn't trying to do that per se, just showing my age with oink I reckon ha. But I did appreciate the strictness of the flacs there. IMHO napster/oink/ipt/tpb really improved the scene as a whole. kazaa/demonoid/etc were as well, but simply didn't move the scene forward instead just following. Usenet was always invaluable... if you had a cool isp.
    Last edited by knowyouok; 02-10-2022 at 09:43 PM. Reason: added more talk

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #1353
    Quote Originally Posted by hualon View Post
    I once met one of the co-inventors of usenet and bought him a beer. we had a nice chat. :-)
    Wonder what he thought of Usenet now being a near-synonym of piracy downloading binaries, and a centralized platform owned by a private company (Reddit) having largely taken over its former role?

Quote Originally Posted by knowyouok View Post
    IMHO napster/oink/ipt/tpb really improved the scene as a whole. kazaa/demonoid/etc were as well, but simply didn't move the scene forward instead just following.
    The original Demonoid was a much bigger loss than What, but for some reason we don't get regular reminders of that. TPB has been in a state of disrepair (slow loading times, comments unavailable for years) since the redesign, and a part of me is surprised still exists. I remember Kazaa, but who remembers Ares?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #1354
    Great site! Just donated to help out where I can.

Hi, I am unable to find out how to download an NZB file from this site. Can you please let me know how to do this. I recently donated to become a paying member (and a newbe) and am new to how this site works. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by seadog; 02-11-2022 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #1355
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Hi, I am unable to find out how to download an NZB file from this site. Can you please let me know how to do this.
    Open the NZB you're interested on, scroll down to "Binaries" and just click on the "Create NZB" button. By default, all files will be included, but you can deselect whatever you're not interested on by unticking the checkboxes in the file list below.

Thanks for your donation!

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #1356

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #1357
    Hey everyone great site.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #1358
    Hello from Australia

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #1359
    hello, everyone...

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #1360
    hello, greetings from the USA