Thread: Norton System Works 2003 Problem

Symantec common client updates not work,failled,Norton internet security failled,registration of norton system works failled,please help me.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    Somebody might be able to help you if you were to give a little more detail as to what's going on. What did you do right before this problem? What have you already tried to do to fix it? What OS are you running? What version or NAVSysWorks are you running? Be more specific other then just "help me!"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ok,Nizers the os is xp,the version nsw 2003 6.00 build 49, i hope you can help me.Thank you.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    IMO too many variables to offer a solution. Got a million questions. Here's a couple. What NSW? Legit? Worked before? It's all guess work until more data is provided.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    YES, WORKED BEFORE nsw is (norton system works)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    This is like pulling teeth. I mean what yr NSW? Basically ya gotta tell us the story of what it was like, what happened & what it's like now. What hardware or software changes if any? Details, details, details! The devils in the details.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    OK guys ,excuse-me for all another topic but i was at work and my boos look at me all the time.What is happened : i downloaded the norton system works iso from a site ,not a hash link ,i've installed the program and everything goes fine until i want to registrer the program for the updates but i can't registrer ,gives me an error message like :update of common client is failled .retry?again and again.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I'm pretty sure you have the option to skip registering. At least on my copy of NSW 2002, I did. And it still updates. Or you might of flumoxed things up by now. So you might have to uninstall & then reinstall. Let us know what happens. Also you might want to go the Symantec site & dl their tool for completely uninstalling any remnants of Norton products from your puter. Also a slight but real possibility that your copy is corrupt. GL

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Thanks ZAPJB, i found the bug: the symantec subscription service its under construction temporarily

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Good.