Thread: Had Enough Of Nero..

Poster
    Hi all,im looking for your recommendations for other good burning programs.

Nero is driving me mad and have tried different versions,uninstalled and re installed a number of times.I'm getting alot of buffer under runs,i know a bit about how and what the buffer does.Also get a message that i have to re name certain folders because of the 'joilet'names or something.This is just too much hassle when all i want to do is burn off my goodies.

So i want to try something else.Ideally this program will have the 'test&burn' function of nero as this is most useful feature of Nero IMO.

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You should try nti cd maker ,user friendly interface,burn iso files and moore

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    "clone CD" is pretty decent

fuck Derby County

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    alcohol 120% is a good burning proggie

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I am going to say it.....even though I know people hate it around here.And that is Easy CD Creator.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Well, the reason your getting buffer under run is because you have too many programs running or your hard disk is working very hard on something, try this, close any program that doesnt need to be run, like close kazaa lite, speed up, any programs at all, the only thing you want open is nero

then it will work, if you have spyware on your computer, they are one of the #1 causes for stealing you cpu usage or whatever so use adaware too

or go out and pay 60 dollars for a really good burner

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    The main task i want to use this program for is to burn mp'3.I do this on nero by burning them as data.

I have and do use clonecd sometimes but this doesnt let you compile and burn a cd as mp3's.

Can you post links please as im a lazy muppet

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    File:Alcohol.120.v1.4.0.Build.103.Retail.KG.zip
    Length:23593 Bytes,23KB
    UUHash:=yT5usbhzO7+2t6LGlpUOpNaj//8=

edit: added this hyperlink to another page: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...&hl=alcohol+120

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Acecool@5 May 2003 - 10:31
    Well, the reason your getting buffer under run is because you have too many programs running or your hard disk is working very hard on something, try this, close any program that doesnt need to be run, like close kazaa lite, speed up, any programs at all, the only thing you want open is nero

then it will work, if you have spyware on your computer, they are one of the #1 causes for stealing you cpu usage or whatever so use adaware too

or go out and pay 60 dollars for a really good burner
    Thanks for that reply.I understand what your saying and will try what you suggested.I'm clean of spyware as use adaware regularly and my burner is pretty new and upto scratch.

If this doesn't work will give Easy CD Creator or one of the other ones a go,thanks to all who replied so quickly.

Nice to see our forum spirit and helpfulness alive and kicking