Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kids gone wrong

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    The Canadian federal government want courts to have jurisdiction over offenders as young as 10 to help them avoid further crimes.

Justice Minister Vic Toews says courts should have jurisdiction over offenders as young as 10 so they can 'order appropriate treatment.
    The Youth Criminal Justice Act makes children older than 12 subject to courts, but under that age, social welfare agencies are the main means of dealing with delinquents.

On Monday, Toews proposed lowering the limit to 10 years of age, saying the point would be to help the children, not jail them.

Link : http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/natio...ews-young.html

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    A pretty grim prospect.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    A pretty grim prospect.

Ya your right J2k4 , wasn't till after I posted that I saw a reference to the little British boy that was killed on the tracks . I had forgot about him , but at 10 they know the difference between right and wrong ,BS anyone who may say different .

Maybe its difficult for me to comprehend what kids are capable of cause I have young ones that age . I read this tonight and shook my head . Entitled too young to kill ?

http://www.brook.edu/views/op-ed/fel...er20050109.htm

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    Nobody younger than 18 years knows for real what he wants of life, to punish kids is wrong cause they are most of time influenced by something else to do a crime, its not like they need money soo they steal. A 10 year old child doesn't know anything of life. Children only think they know and thats not a crime, parents or the system is wrong when younger than 18 years old make trouble. If u tell somebody as old as 12 that he is a criminal he sure will be one when he's older, that doesn't solve anything. The goal of this is probably to earn some extra money or to control everything. But im sure this is only goes for poor children.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The age of criminality in Scotland is 8. IMO it is not the age of criminality that matters but how they are punished when caught. Why dont they publish their names and let parents know who your kids may be running around with. They did that when I was younger. I think that publishing their names might put a bit more responsibility on their parents.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Are children not allowed a certain element of "experience" while they grow up, or should they live in cocoons?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Stryker View Post
    Are children not allowed a certain element of "experience" while they grow up, or should they live in cocoons?
    "A certain element"?

Sure, why not?

How much is that, by the way?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think a child over 12 knows the difference between right or wrong. It just takes more time than others to grow out of mischief. I seen in front of my eyes 11-13 year olds stealing stuff from markets. Mere 50p drinks. They also stole other things and when they got out they started to hand it out to their friends....ofcourse someone saw them and reported them but they dropped the goods and ran.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4eva View Post
    I think a child over 12 knows the difference between right or wrong. It just takes more time than others to grow out of mischief. I seen in front of my eyes 11-13 year olds stealing stuff from markets. Mere 50p drinks. They also stole other things and when they got out they started to hand it out to their friends....ofcourse someone saw them and reported them but they dropped the goods and ran.
    Hmm soo whats the big deal in stealing a candy when u are young, its not like u do it because u don't have food or u planed it. When i was in high school some stole candy and if kids as young as 12 do that they probably have nothng better to do. I would say 12 year old child thinks he knows what he wants to do with life. We did many things when i was from 10 to 16. U know if we had such laws they could if they want lock u up for some little things. Its not like laws are for criminals, laws are made to charge poor ppl money, it only gives more power to police which can than do whatever they want.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    When I posted this I was thinking something different , not a young one stepping out of line but a little basterd who hurts someone .

Like what mind at 10 or 11 years of age thinks to hurt someone so badly then they try to hide the crime .

We have kids 10 and 12 robbing banks , burning down senior apartments and laffing about it . When theres no accountabilty we suffer .

I was thinking of Jamie Bolger , who's name we know but not that of the little monsters who inflicted pain and torture on the little boy . Their names are hidden ,keep from the public eye probably living by you now .
    Last edited by peat moss; 08-26-2006 at 02:19 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast