Thread: Windows 2000

I just installed windows 2000 and i really do not like. I prefer windows ME.
    I want to uninstall windows 2000 and reinstall ME but when i put the ME disk in it says i hav to reboot in 98 or 95 but it doesnt say how!!!!
    Please help me

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Forum Star
    Windows ME is like the worst Windows OS ever. I would recommend Windows 98se if you don't like 2000.

http://www.bootdisk.com

Use a windows98 bootdisk to boot your computer.

Type format c: to format your harddrive (this will remove ALL contents&#33

Install Windows 98se or ME or whatever.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    wat about windows xp?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    also if i format drive c is there a safer way of formating with out wiping my entire disk?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    Xp is the best dont get ME what ever u do!!!!!! otherwise if u hate w2k u will totally hate it!!!! XP is the best without a doubt if u have a fast computer however

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    xp home,pro or corprate?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    if you already have partitions just dump your data onto the non system partition. If not have a thourough check and backup to cdr all files you want to.
    Then zap system partition choose advanced install windows xp pro to do so. Slightly untidy as it will only delete the windows installation not any installed programs but thes would not be working due to files not being registered in registry.
    One solution to install programs back into same folders.
    Any more help needed.
    Just ask

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Windows ME is like the worst Windows OS ever. I would recommend Windows 98se if you don't like 2000.

http://www.bootdisk.com

Use a windows98 bootdisk to boot your computer.

Type format c: to format your harddrive (this will remove ALL contents&#33

Install Windows 98se or ME or whatever.

If i use this way of wiping clean my harddrive how do i then install a new operating System?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    you set boot order in bios to cdrom and it should pick up your xp cd and go from there if not the link below provides the 6 flppies required to do it that way.
    www.bootdisk.com